Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://users.fdn.com/~jse/unedit.WMV

okay guys, i found out what REALLY happend.
U know how theres a max MPH u get in each gear? Well when u redline one gear (3rd in my case) and i accidentally downshifted into second (cheap short shifter that failed me many times, but its still driver error) the MPH my car was already at was wayy higher then a MAX MPH for 2nd gear, so when u downshift, the motor in a way "Brakes" your front tires, sorta like how ur cruising and u can downshift to slow ur car down instead of pressing the brakes.

So therefore, redlining 3rd gear, maxing out 3rd gears MAX MPH. Then downshifting into second, my motor would bring my front tires to the MAX MPH of second gear, so slowing down tire rotation regardless of my current vehicle speed, causing me to break traction and spin out of control...

Be careful guys.. my short shifter almost KILLED ME......

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:ghey: :pat: :banghead: and these people are allowed to drive in the streets :madbutt: :bad-word:

If I ever see someone do that ------> :bitchsla:

·
Registered
351 Posts
at least is wasnt like that guy a few months ago with the RSX who downshifted at top speed in 5th into second.... remember that carnage? The horror, the horror.

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
see, the funny thing is if he was redlined in 3rd then shifted to 2nd, that would seriously over rev his engine and im surprised he didnt just blow the motor like the retard in the rsx did.
william

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black Dawg said:
at least is wasnt like that guy a few months ago with the RSX who downshifted at top speed in 5th into second.... remember that carnage? The horror, the horror.
you mean this one? http://www.wrxfanatics.com/videos/RSX-S_misshift.mpeg

I had a idiots captured on video compilation thread, must have been deleted... Oh, nevermind its in the video section

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
these people should really be killed in public executions, how dumb can you be....i know a lot of people have downshifted from 6th to 4th on gts, but i don't see how, i took one out and was driving it hard and didn't do it, people just cant drive manuals...what is this world coming too.....in the case of most celicas, it bends all the exhaust valves and ruins the pressure plate...most of the time....lol

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Some people should not be allowed to drive manual transmissions.

That's why they invented automatic transmissions, to save all those who can't drive stickshifts the embarrassment of blowing a motor. That, and to make a handy excuse for why you just lost a race: 'But its an automatic!' ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
ahh that was funny, i really can't see how you can downshift, while trying to up shift, them people don't have control of there right arm

somguy: hey right arm lets shift to fourth, doh, damn you why did you shift to second, ahh now look what you done, you messed my motor up.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
tubinator said:
how can u be soo stupid??!!
hey was that implied at me, i am the one who posted before you, or where you just stating that the whole honda thing is stupid as far as trying to upshift and actually downshifting

·
Registered
99 Posts
supra83mkii said:
tubinator said:
hey was that implied at me, i am the one who posted before you, or where you just stating that the whole honda thing is stupid as far as trying to upshift and actually downshifting
nah, that wasnt implied towards you, that was towards the whole upshift downshift honda thing, and i figured out the answer to my question, and it goes something like, Hondas must be BUILT :idea: J?K

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
tubinator said:
oh ok just the way that was written

1 - 15 of 15 Posts