Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

SILV September 2017.

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Whitey482 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'm registered and have my room booked. Now I have to find a place to stay half-way between Fort Collins and Vegas.

The house gets listed in about a week, and should sell in a few weeks, as the market is still pretty hot here, so we'll be out of here by the end of July or early August.

#3 ·
I am going and will be signing up very soon! This will be my first supra event since I bought and the built my car. Any recommendations on the type of registration? I'm thinking of just doing the standard registration which includes the main show and shine event, scenic drive and spectator passes. I don't think i have a shot at winning anything so really my main goal is to meet other fellow supra enthusiasts and just have fun. My car will be no where near the caliber as some on here and at the event I'm sure. But at least i can get some ideas, share what i know and get to meet some awesome people.

#5 ·
I'll be going as always but I registered for the overall Supra challenge. I know I may not win or won't win from the MK2s entered but it should be lots of fun. Stretched tires are going out the door as well. Ebay harnesses are going out the door as well and rear seats are being installed again. Can't wait! Hope to see you guys out there.

#8 ·
Its SIV, not SILV.
I still have a T-shirt from the last time I went. It was SILV - Supras Invade Las Vegas. Different organizers these days and I think they call it SIV - Supras In Vegas. I lived in Las Vegas for 23 years so I made it to the SILV I thru VI but I moved to WI in 2002 so that ended my streak.

#14 ·
We... ALL carry spare parts. NOT diffs or trannys.
The way to go is in a caravan so there may be support vehicles with parts and weird tools to repair on the road to 'Vegas.
A fuel pump change is not unheard of, in the parking lot,covered in gasoline.

The Savage Burn to Nevada should be done with lots of support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-vB-3KpKk&ab_channel=Strangerhand

#15 ·
I'd be coming from South Florida, I highly doubt another mk2 would be coming from this way so I don't know how mk3 or mk4 parts would help me lol

The car *supposedly* has around 110,000 miles but it has sat for a very long time. We are going through it now to make it daily driveable, and hopefuly by September we will have re-sealed it and replaced all the hoses, and have extra hoses, belts, etc. Thecat is definitely going to be removed and gutted soon also.

#19 ·
Anyone else heading to SIV from the DFW area? I'm heading out tomorrow evening and wanted to see if anyone is interested in going in a caravan.

#21 ·
Bummer that really sucks. Was looking forward to meeting the infamous Tanya. There will be more meets and shows and this time will pass for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.