Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent heard anything from Keith as of yet so Im not for sure if this is going to happen this Year. I want to go ahead and throw this out there to see who is going and who would be interested in Participating / Helping Organize. I again am willing to do the Leg work and see what Keith can do for us during the event. Just need some Imput on what you all want so we can get the Numbers up again like it use to be.

So lets here it.

Robert

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I will be there. Hoping to take the show and shine crown for best mkii. Two-tone black/silver 2j. I'm only shooting for mid 400's with my build, so I won't be able to keep up with the big dawgs in the quarter, but will play anyways.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I am moving to Albuquerque this spring. So much to sort out and I may not be able to keep the Supra through all this. If I do though, I would love to get out there and meet everybody.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Depending what Canadians are around, I need to travel REAL bad this year, so if there are other Canadians going, Ill go for it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I will be there. Hoping to take the show and shine crown for best mkii. Two-tone black/silver 2j. I'm only shooting for mid 400's with my build, so I won't be able to keep up with the big dawgs in the quarter, but will play anyways.
Are you doing black bottom with silver top? Basically like the factory 2 tone red/black? If so damn you! I wanted to be the first.lol I also want black rear and hatch w/Russ M's hood stripe (whole cowl w/two black trim lines along it)
Either way good luck your car looks great as is but will probably look awesome when done.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm... I know its early but I figured that I would get more of a Response. We can do this or we can let the MK3s and MK4s have all the fun. Totally up to you all.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
We've had this discussion in the PNW before, Vegas is further than most folks back east understand. Seattle to Vegas is 1300 miles, either via SLC or the Cali route (1240 via Jackpot NV). It is the same distance from Las Vegas to Kansas City. This is like NYC to Miami. Kansas City is closer to NYC than it is to Las Vegas (so would folks in NYC go to a meet in KC? Or Miami?)!

Two years ago gas prices were $4-5/gallon, so gas alone was $500-700. I'm a maybe for 2010 if gas is under $3. Not sure I'll take the garage queen w/o AC. (translation, count me in a a definite maybe! Only question is which Supra to take)

OK, I said we've talked about it before:

2008 Lots of distance discussion. (11 pages)

For more background, see this thread on East vs West http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=35004

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If Keith puts it together, I'll be there. I'm long overdue for a few days in Vegas ... good times.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
If it is happening FOR SURE, then I will talk to Lori about skipping our traditional Vacation in June for this. I have to do a lot to make this happen, and it has to start 6 mos before event. Not interested in anything but driving down, and it would have to be as close to a week as possible, meaning I could miss some events.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I've heard through the grapevine that Keith may be done running SILV. It is a helluva lot of work, even with people helping him. Also, given the fact that his Supra hasn't been running for a while, maybe his heart's not in it. But if things change and it happens this year, I'll probably be there - depends on the dates.

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Having no running Supra for the last few years and helping plan the Toronto Supra Meet (which is 10x smaller than SILV) I can certainly appreciate how he feels. Its not easy planning all these events and just being a spectator...and not just a spectator but a spectator that has to work and gets judged on how good the event is.

I for one certainly hope that Keiths continues with the SILV meets as for me it's a great excuse to come out and see all the west coat peeps. I was hoping to come to SILV'10 but since I've just started a new job I'm not sure I can get the vacation time...damn it sucks starting at the bottom again :sadsmilie

·
Registered
669 Posts
I dont wont to be a naysayer but unless he has changed his mined since i stayed @ his place SILV is over!

BUT if it is on for this year i will be there!!!
I sure hope not Dave, that hurts my stomach to hear this. Although Keith has put thousands of hours into this event I wouldn't blame him one bit if he called it quits. I will say this though, he is one hella of guy to have put it on for this long. I hope it will still continue.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I am moving to Albuquerque this spring. So much to sort out and I may not be able to keep the Supra through all this. If I do though, I would love to get out there and meet everybody.

C'mon down here to the DUKE CITY aka Albuquerque..if your supra/supras have any rust on them...sell them...we have plenty rust free supras down here for sale all the time..if you have any perf. parts keep them.

As for Silv10 i would do it...even a PACNW event..im in...i need to come up there anyways to visit...my car will be on a trailer though. I dont need to get stuck like Les did way back when.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Speaking of - Where is Les these days? Anyone in touch with him?
I tried to contact Leslie several times prior to the Fall 2009 NE Meet... no answer to both my calls and emails. :-(

I'd like to hear from him also .... I still have a few thing that belong to him :naughty:

As for SILV ....

Too early for me to make a decision. If life goes as it looks, I'll be looking to attend a different meet next fall. My grandaughter will be moving away late spring / early summer :( If I do a large meet, it would be nice to make it dual purpose mini-vacation ...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts