Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, im not sure if its just me, or if somethings been going on, but every time ive tried to get into the site, or the forum lately (last couple days), ive been getting a 509 error, out of bandwidth.

is it just me, or what?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Here's the explanation:

Problem is that the website & forum exceeded it's bandwidth for the month of August. We have 20 gig of bandwidth traffic on the plan we're on right now, and we ran out with 2 days remaining in the month.

For those of you who don't know, this number is basically "file transfer" from the website. Each time you view a page (excluding embeded photos - those are linked to from other sites) all the graphics, text that is STORED on CS.com counts toward the bandwidth traffic. This comes down to page views by site visitors. Every time "any" page of the forum or the website is visited, files are downloaded into the visitors browser (cache) so they can see the page on their end.

The more people that view the website results in more file transfer FROM the site. When the amount of alloted traffic for the month is met, the software at the webhost throws up a red flag "this customer has exceeded 20 gig of transfer for the month" and down goes the site.

Mike is going to contact the webhosting company and find out what needs to be done to increase it so this doesn't happen again.

Sorry about this everyone - it's not that the site failed, it just got a LOT of attention last month.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, thanks for the quick explanation, i kinda figured your host went down, or put the kaibosh on the site....
was hoping it was just a simple explanation like it turned out to be.

one thing tho, if the site needs to move to a better plan or something, please do let us know, and i for one will donate a lil something to help with the costs.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sounds like a good chance to round up some more "Contributing" members. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
dogstar said:
well, thanks for the quick explanation, i kinda figured your host went down, or put the kaibosh on the site....
was hoping it was just a simple explanation like it turned out to be.

one thing tho, if the site needs to move to a better plan or something, please do let us know, and i for one will donate a lil something to help with the costs.
count me in too. this forum is vital to anyone that truly loves the mk2. i was having withdrawal symptoms the past two days. being new to the forum, i try to investigate some of the older threads. i'm glad the forum is back up. let's do something to make sure that this doesn't happen again :!:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I missed out on the first round of contributing. I will Paypal you some cash, just let us know.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Looks like we're going to have to save bandwidth by cutting down on our emoticon usage :p DOH!

If ya need some cha-ching, let me know too.

Christian

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
82Spearco said:
I missed out on the first round of contributing. I will Paypal you some cash, just let us know.
Missed out also so I'm in if you need something. Luckly for me I was out of town and didn't miss anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts