Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: Would anyone happen to know or have a celica gts convert' and want to let go of the sideskirts. really would like a set.
If anyone knows where I could find some PPPPleasee let me know.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It may work....I used to have an 85 Celica GT and there was no fiberglass wheel gaurd on it....the problem lies in that the front bumpers are different near the ground (front air dam).....the Supras bumper curves out infront of the front wheel gaurd....the Celica GT has no wheel gaurd and the front bumper stops at the front quater panel.....it stays aligned with the body. I've thought about this before myself (taking some off a supra)....I never looked into getting them off a Celica GT-S before, but maybe that's possible. But an any case the rears would fit on it....you'd have to put some holes in the fenders to bolt them on though. Also, another point I must make if you want the complete GT-S look....the stock Celica GT-S/Supra rims will fit right on the Celica GT. However the ride is a bit bumpy cause the GT has a solid rear axle and no wishbone. I've done that with my Celica. Also it looks a little strange cause the axle on the GT doesn't stick out as far so the back wheels are inset more than they are on the GT-S or Supra. So to fix that you'd have to have some rear wheel spacers. That's just some tips on the Celica GT.

I don't have my Celica GT anymore, so I can't tell you for sure.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Mr 86Supra...

All the guy was asking for was the black rockers from a GTS convertible. They were specific to the 'verts, something to do with strengthening the topless body. They cld serve as cool side skirts, though a bit o'glass work wld be necessary to make up the missing length. You can bet these are hard to come by at the local boneyard, and priceless at the dealer.

Good luck, nevertheless.

GG

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gotcha..... the "convert'" was misinterpreted. I thought he meant to convert a GT to a GT-S......

·
Registered
211 Posts
skirts??

I thought this was going to be the first nude babe post.

:wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,356 Posts
The black "skirts" on the convertible Celicas are welded on body reinforcments IIRC. Besides the Celica wheelbase is much shorter than the Supra. Check out the gap between the back front wheel lip and door edge.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
All,

Correct, the "skirts" are going to be a bit on the short side, since the wheelbase from the firewall forward is a bit longer. I guess it's possible to lengthen it, but where????

Also the "P-Type" front mudflaps on the GTS convert are different than the ones on our MKII's & the normal RA65 GTS's. The skirts go right into the back of the mudflap & if you look at the front mudflap carefully, you'll notice there is a big difference.

There is a 85 GTS Convert near my GF's house & I've notice some of these differences when we go for walks (hey, at least I'm looking at other cars & not other women...). :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
Since we are on the topic, a Long time ago I saw a guy with a silver mk2 supra but what looked to be The side skirts of a chev Cavalier it looked good and every time i see an old cavalier I wounder if thats what he used?
you know the old cavalier maybe 92-93
Could be wrong

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone for the input,
I've been also looking at the SE model Grand Prix lowers
they aren't as deep but definately long enough and
still would give an outward roll to the rockers.
:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts