Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

the 4th cylinder sucked a bolt into it, the head is getting replaced this weekend finally, after 6,000 miles of it being driven like that

I pointed out the problem CC< not like ya can't tell, and also the oil galley that pours out about 2 qts a day >=P

the look we all had when we took the head off, moments earlier :mad:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
so when are you gonna fix that beast, so we can race for titles? :twisted: :wink: :p

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this weekend Zank, duh
Titles? NO way, there is NOTHING done to this car, not even an intake, she's stock for stock and the only other mk2 I'd race would be an automatic mk2 that was stock, heh
Just b/c I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm dumb ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
TanyasMk2Blackpra said:
the 4th cylinder sucked a bolt into it, the head is getting replaced this weekend finally, after 6,000 miles of it being driven like that
:shocked!: wow 6,ooo miles thats crazy.

U know what i think i have the same problem. My head leaks oil from the front end timingbelt cover. I think the mechanic i sent the head to :fawk: it up.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Yeah, I agree that these sellers are DORK's :banghead: :roll: :mad:

But still, this is a KICK ASS car, for the condition/mileage it's in!!

BTW folks, it's NOT Red, it's a very minty mint Terra Cotta L-Type!!! 70.7K miles, Leather interior, Digital Dash, Automagic, no sunroof, has the dealer option Shadow hatch louvers.

Definitely in MUCH BETTER shape than the Rustpra that is a mile away from my place. And that one truly is a Rustpra (Terra Cotta that has oxidized).

And NO Reserve!!!! Someone better jump on this!!

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitly a nice car, too bad it's an L-type, heh
I've already emailed the guy for more info and to see if he'd sell the car off auction, which I doubt. 70k miles means it isn't even broke in yet, good deal. Which means if I buy this car, I'll be trading it in for my friends '85 Redpra P-type, gotta stick w/ the P-types =)

BTW, I know it says V-6 at the top, but at the bottom it says "L6" haha
durrrr, not very bright people, that can be assured...
Maybe this weekend, depending on how quickly I get the engine out/diassembled/and put back in, I may want to run to Cape Coral to check it out, Cape Coral is 45 minutes from me

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Are the l-type leather seats really as bad as everyone says?

If that cars stays pretty low, I might have to buy it. My aunt lives in Bonita Springs, right near there. Would be a good excuse to go visit her.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
Yeah, I agree that these sellers are DORK's :banghead: :roll: :mad:

But still, this is a KICK ASS car, for the condition/mileage it's in!!

BTW folks, it's NOT Red, it's a very minty mint Terra Cotta L-Type!!! 70.7K miles, Leather interior, Digital Dash, Automagic, no sunroof, has the dealer option Shadow hatch louvers.

Definitely in MUCH BETTER shape than the Rustpra that is a mile away from my place. And that one truly is a Rustpra (Terra Cotta that has oxidized).

And NO Reserve!!!! Someone better jump on this!!
That interior might be Terra Cotta, but the exterior - no way. Unless that guy's camera is way FUBAR...that color isn't what you think it is, Chris.

Unless Toyota sprayed two different shades of that color, that car is looking more burgundy than anything else. If you look in the Ebay ad, the seller even describes it as "Burgundy/Maroon"

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Stephen,

Click on the picture of the engine compartment. The radiator support bar that is between the headlights is TC. Am pretty sure this guy's camera is fubar'd, thus it look like some other color. Then again, it is possible that this is some other bizarre color of Maroon, but it has a slight orange color to it. Anywho, someone in Florida needs to go visit this car!! Or snag it.

Yeah many peeps in their auction's give the exterior color some other bizarre name, other than TC. It's possible that when you have to fill out the description, you have to use the supplied/default color names that are listed.

(Okay, I just Supersized the engine picture & the body & radiator support does look TC to me).

Chad, yeah the seat bottom tends to be a bit saggy at times & the seatback does not have as much lateral support (due to the lack of side bolsters), but otherwise, the L-Type seats are not too bad... To me, they are tolerable for short trips & around town driving... For long trips (like Seattle to Portland, or even Vegas), the P-Type seats are much better.

DOH!!! Current price is now just over $1K. Auction ends Weds, so don't overdo it on the bidding wars!!!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
That car may have come into this world Terra Cotta (as you pointed out by looking at the radiator support) but I'd be willing to bet the exterior has been resprayed Burgundy.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Well....

Someone got it. Final price was $1,950.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts