Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I was on my way home late one night, with very little traffic out for Vegas.
Anyway, I was sitting at a red light, minding my own buisness when a white mk4 and a late 80's 5.0 turned on to the street I was on from the intersection. I can only watch as they get side by side and then nail it.
By the time my light turns green they're already a block ahead and slowing for the next red light. From behind them it looked like the mustang killed the mk4.
So now I've almost caught up to them sitting at the red light, 3 lanes and the right lane is open. But just before I can roll up next to them the light turns green and they take off again. This time I nail it too in 2nd, from about 20mph. The mustang is spinning its tires and still pulling the mk4. They had no idea I was there until I went pulling right on by. I shut it down early, don't want to be haulin ass on the city streets.
Next red light, no traffic, 3 lanes. We all three line up, rev, and hit it when the light changes. The 5.0 sounded real healthy and he was right beside me as we were both spinning the tires. The mk4 is keeping up with me and the 5.0 until we got traction (3rd gear for me) and then it was falling back. The mustang was quick, but not quick enough for the 7mgte. As I hit 3rd my tires catch and I pull away fast.
Quick shutdown as soon as it was obvious who won, about 65mph, like I said, I don't like to go real fast on city streets. Next light thumbs up all around and everyone went their seperate ways.
Hope to see everyone at Vegas this year!
Jim
83 ptype, DonC & ShawnP 7mgte, tokicos,eibachs, LJM strut bar

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Nice Kills 8) About time you came to visit us here :D

Wish I was going to Vegas,I think you still owe me a beer or two :p

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Very nice kills!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I love reading stuff like that nice kill 8)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Nice kills Senor Coble!!!

About time you made it here!!!!

Will see you in about a month. I still need to confirm w/ Keith if we are still doing a "Generation" activity that week.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Jim,
After 23 years in the Valley, I moved away from Vegas a few months ago and I had Nevada personalized plates - BOOSTED - on my Supra T. They expired a couple months ago. you might see if it is available from dmv and get BOOSTED and keep them on a Supra before some Subaru driver gets it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BOOSTED plates

What a coincidence! I called last week to check on BOOOOST which is available, but I like BOOSTED better. Thanks for the heads up.
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts