Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 85 ptype with a 90 7mgte in it. 5 speed and mostly stock. 2.25 pipes in and out. at about 1000 miles i checked the plugs. they are the plugs that came in the motor. yeah yeah before you say it they all looked perfect. very light brown and all 6 looked identical. so i just ran with them. ngk iridium, not the factory plug, and the motor only had 68,000 miles when i pulled it. now i checked them and they are showing signs of lean. so while i was at work with nothing to do, checked fuel pressure and it was just like tsrm and alldata said. 32psi +/- at idle and 40psi +/- at wot. ok, i not feeling a clogged fuel filter or a slack pump. which btw is out of a sc400. 1uz pump. next i checked resistance at the maf, and got right where i was supposed to at 72 degrees. at 1.62kilohms. feel good about that. it has never run hot, in fact i just put a 190 thermostat and fresh 60/40 coolant to be sure. i know i should have and will put new colder plugs in it but if ive gat lean issue plugs will only do so much. as far as a wide band, not quite yet. ive got a chimpy pipe to put on but need to source the rest of the exhaust. im gonna make it so please no suggestion on where to get it and how much better. trust me if i had the loot id buy all my stuff from the chimp. just wondering what else to check for. plus i figured id at least ask one question about this whole swap thing. hope i covered the basics so there will be little or no questions.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billy, you always know the right time. and ive got a wide band to use. i guess ill just weld a bung into the downpipe i got. will a lm1 wide band work without a afr guage. it datalogs right. the wideband is donkey2's. and an o2 bung is even cheaper. should have just done it and saved the time from typing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have to verify the model, but iwas still thinking if it is lean, what would cause it. like i said, everything i checked seems fine. i pull 20in/hg of vac at idle and make 6lbs on a auto motor. its going to the smoke machine this morning with colder plugs just to see if it gets any better. by the way thanx for the insight and advice billy, your among the very few who i take advice with the confidence you know what the hell your talking about. got some other stuff to do as well. new oil pressure sender and other needed fixes. not perfect but well on the way. ill find out themodel today as well. again thanx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts