Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Welcome Back,
I think I said before on the original post I hope one of us gets that car. Looks like its in good hands. Congratulations 馃帀

Reactions: ra24man

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #23
Very capable hands...鈥漷his will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Japan.鈥

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Very capable hands...鈥漷his will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Japan.鈥

Hahaha, hilarious. I'm sure we probably met at some point, we know all the same people. Im in Tacoma. I think it's pretty cool I've seen alot of mk2 Supra people come back this year. I quit the forums around 2011. I got my car in August of this year. Seeing everyone from the old days is really encouraging.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #27
Good to be back and remembered JoeB!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
Welcome back to the club Mr. Sherman!
So funny...anytime I think about how we transact online these days I still think of my first 'internet transaction' with you on the OCC list back before there were Yahoo groups and forums. Sending a check to a guy across the country that I didn't know...fingers crossed that I would actually receive that Celica emblem I so desired. Always have love for you Mr. Bartek!

Super Moderator
Larry kinda dropped out of the mk2 game a little before you built that car so you guys may not have crossed paths. Maybe met at a Chimpy Meat, but he wouldn't have had his car then.

Looking forward to chatting with you about engine swaps and such Mark! Hanging out in the PACNW has its advantages. I've gotten to drive mk2s with the following engines swapped in, most from the last few years; 1uz, 1gz, vvti 2jzge, vvti 1jzgte, TT 1jzgte plus a sw20 with a 2gr swap and a Lotus supercharger. Many options :)

Registered
Seamus you haven't driven my car?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #31
Seamus,

The most fun I've ever had in a MkII was Bremerton Raceway lapping day with Mike and Rich and some of the other guys. It was terrifying as well...total exhileration. The 2011 cruise out to Hope was pretty awesome as well.

I've driven SupraDerek's 83L a couple times over the years when he's been passing through. He's reached a balance in performance and comfort in that car that I'm hoping to one day achieve myself. Yeah...some of us would call it soft...some would call it slow. It's also pretty damn reliable. He drove it up from the Bay area up into the interior north of the Okanagan before taking the long way home down the coast last year. I think he said he put about 3500 miles on it during that trip. I'm not doing that on short stroke struts and 400+lb springs...let alone with a 3" exhaust droning the beautiful sounds that a Toyota I-6 make through my soul. I'm getting too old for that shit. The last car was like the last hurrah of my youth before I slowly devolve into a grumpy old man. It sure was fun though!

I can't wait to get together and shoot the shit again. Feel free to gimme a buzz...I'd enjoy hearing your feelings on swaps. I have plenty of ideas rolling around up there under my tuque.

Mark

Founding Member
I think he said he put about 3500 miles on it during that trip. I'm not doing that on short stroke struts and 400+lb springs...let alone with a 3" exhaust droning the beautiful sounds that a Toyota I-6 make through my soul. I'm getting too old for that shit. The last car was like the last hurrah of my youth before I slowly devolve into a grumpy old man.
I remember giving my older brother a hard time when he bought a Buick LeSabre at age 38, telling him he wasn't old enough for that, but then I had my first spinal surgery about the same age.

The irony is that back in the 80s, almost nothing came with springs much over about 200 lbs and if you wanted performance for most sports cars, you had to modify with aftermarket suspension, plus sized wheels and low profile tires. Today, almost nothing comes with springs under 250lbs and if you want comfort, you have to buy an SUV because today's so-called luxury sedans come out of the factory practically race-prepared.

Its too bad we couldn't have been born as old men and just gotten younger and younger. Would have been nice if I could have reached middle age when they made proper "personal luxury coupes" like the Lincoln MKVIII and just now be getting to about 30 when stuff like the C8 is coming out. Although I don't know what that would do for the classic car hobby, whether or not we'd be too busy to reminisce or have any fond memories at all about when we were old. ;)

Reactions: ra24man

Super Moderator
Seamus you haven't driven my car?
Yeah, I guess we've never swapped yet, you haven't driven mine either. Mind you I've never seen you let someone take your car for a spin lol. I'm pretty particular with mine too, the heavy steering can bite people at odd times.

For sure Mark, anytime.

Registered
I let Tara drive it all the time, and even let our friend Jeremy drive it back from Ogopogo a few years ago when Tara and I continued on out west. Mostly I just ask that it is left at base boost if I'm not in the car. We'll have to do that next time!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts