Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is on us, and wondering what you guys plan on doing to your supras doing hibernation/less drive time?
On my short list:
Finish paint, hopefully before turkey-day.
Jim king bbk will completely finish my suspension.

What're yours?

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Cressy big brakes, 3" dp and exhaust, Stereo power amps, Lexus C.O.P.s, 7mge cam covers on one '85; and mhg, ARP studs, 550s, Cressy brakes, Lexus COPs and 7mge cam covers on the other '85. Oh, and Energy Suspension polyurethane engine mounts on both cars and strut bars on both and rear braces on both. I have everything together and just need this downtime to put it together. I am probably selling the '84 soon.
The coil on plugs really clean up the engine room and without the mark3 coil packs there the n/a cam covers look so much nicer than the 7mgte covers.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
3.73s, start assembling stuff for z32/mpv brake swap, rear agx or something else, maybe PNP megasquirt.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
1 week before storing my supra. I've just made my list for the spring and stuff I want to collect over the winter.

To Do:
- New air filter
- flush brake fluid with some good motul stuff (boiled the fluid at last track day)
- Tune up (17,000km since the rebuild and still the break in plugs)
- Tighten swaybars (still have tons of bodyroll with the whitelines)
- Fix Rattles (missing some screws)
have driveshaft balanced? (drivetrain vibrations for the last 6 years, would be nice to have a smooth supra...)
- install motor mounts (engine is sitting lower on the driver's side, oil pan touches crossmember at times)
- install 2jzge clutch (stocker is slipping when racing)
- install cruise switch (broken)
- install combination switch (worn out, always turn lights on and off by accident when turning)
- Install new brake caliper on left rear (snapped the bleeder screw off a couple weeks ago)
- paint calipers (did this a couple years ago, needs a freshening up.
- clean up fan wiring (needs loom)
- install new fuse holder for alternator (I melted the other one when the fasteners loosened)
- clean/ adjust fuel sender...it's not accurate.
- repaint wheels? (the brake fluid that leaked out of a caliper ate some of it)

every year I try and get the car so I can drive it away in the spring and do nothing all summer....but every year the list of shit to do in the spring gets longer. She's getting to be an old car for a daily driver...318,000km on her now with the 7mge put in at 300,000km

I'll probably do this over a week in the spring, after I have collected all the parts over the winter.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
hit some junkyards n try to find z32 calipers !!! for the brake upgrade, save money for the suspension upgrade too, sell my cheap pacesetter headers n buy the raptor headers.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Keeping it warm and dry, lol...

Winter project - front Dobinson lowering springs, Tokico struts, poly bushings, keeping eyes open for other possible goodies and saving for the next tantilizing group buy!

ps. considered buying a Pacesetter header, seeing your post :rolleye: (zuprax85), going Raptor also.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Keeping it warm and dry, lol...

Winter project - front Dobinson lowering springs, Tokico struts, poly bushings, keeping eyes open for other possible goodies and saving for the next tantilizing group buy!

ps. considered buying a Pacesetter header, seeing your post :rolleye: (zuprax85), going Raptor also.

so r u going Raptor or buy my Pacesetter? shoot me a price....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Hell Austin, my car never rests. Drove it in worst of snow last year, until it physically wouldnt make it out of driveway. My list-Finish stereo conversion. Finish Suspension bushing upgrade. Solid front shim on my 3.58 gear set. Brake freshen-pads/rotors/fluid. Boost controller. 550s, if I can scrape cashy. Race tires(14" formula ford takeoffs:naughty:). Redo front coilovers. One of the Bill's brake ducting(Helmsman or BillyM)Plus 50 other small things....

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Getting Bigger Injectors once I sell the 550s that I have in there now with new clips.

Bigger turbo...

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Getting Bigger Injectors once I sell the 550s that I have in there now with new clips.

Bigger turbo...
If you havent sold by Turkey day, we will talk....HaHaHa, Bigger Turbo? What, 12" inlet?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess what I did the past two weekends count so maybe I should list those:
Front:
Kyb Agx, shortened tubes, ground control coilovers w/350 pound springs, kmac stage 2 plates, technotoy tuning rca's, and replaced Every bushing with superpro bushings. I already have the ljm bar so that is on there.

Painted front and rear calipers.

Rear:
Kyb agx, dobison lowering springs, Daves camber kit, and replaced all bushings with superpro.

I still am waiting on a rear strut bar from Scott, and the Addco's from phil. Which I will install as soon as they arrive.
Looks like you guys will be busy as well. Good deal.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
z32 brakes (should be here by USPS but are not I'm pissed)
finish 5 bolt swap (already have front z31 hubs) getting rear stubs soon
swaybars (being shipped soon)
agx shocks
cut front stuts to fit MR2 agx inserts
front camber plates
RCAs

should be around this point by spring:

really start sourcing pieces for 2j swap.

needs:

JZ bellhousing for r154
engine mounts (when the time is right Nic!) :p
engine/trans

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Wheels and tires.

I have a coolant drip I need to solve too, the double flush at the dealer upset something, I'm hoping it's just a hose clamp or something easy. Too lazy with a super long honey-do list, and it's not leaking enough to make it very important.

The someday list includes springs, shocks and struts, all bushings, clean the underside, full raptor racing exhaust and then a RC intake. Don't tell the wife though ;)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
install: seats, rear camber kit
purchase: injectors, chevyeater tune
wishlist: rear brake upgrade, wheels

and a good detail :duh:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts