238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1986 MX72 Cressida Wagon 85k miles For Sale in San Diego, CA

SOLD

Reactions: ddd228

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
i like your car! I was looking for a wagon 10 years back and couldn't find on,so I bought my '84 Supra.
A station wagon is a very practical car for hauling around a lot of stuff-that's why I wanted one. Yours looks to be in great shape,too! Thanks for the post! (y)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the props Dave! The convenience of the wagon is terrific.

I'll also add that with only 85,000 miles and being garaged nightly the under body is totally rust free and most of the plated hardware still sparkles blue, green and gold.

The timing belt was done at 53,325 miles but that was in 1999 so a refresh for the next 100k would be smart.

The tires are Michelin Defenders with 80% tread remaining.

The parking brake works as it should with the Mk1 rear disc brakes.

Lots of service records from the original owner too.

I'll get it up on a lift soon for some pictures of the under body and share them here.

David

Original purchase contract for $18,191.98 cash.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lowered price to $6,500. Partial trades considered.

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
OH,hell. 10 years ago I would have flown down there and drove it back CASH,too.

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
I've been looking for a decent Cressida wagon for years. Scarce as hen's teeth. Especially in the Midwest.
Would you consider a trade for an '85 7mgte Supra?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your interest Dave and Dave.

If I did not already have a 1985 Supra I would love to consider the 7MGTE.

My main motivation to sell the wagon is to open up garage space for my Mk2 and commence restoration on it. Storage space is expensive here otherwise I would prefer to keep it for long term. The increasing scarcity of the MX72 model is a concern and this is a nice candidate for conservation. In the meanwhile it is the garage queen as it has been it's whole life and my Mk2 is soaking up UV and moon dust.

On a side note Dave and Dave, when I was in the Navy I had two Dave friends and we always had a great time going out together as the 3 Daves.

Reactions: 4SFED

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. One question for clarification:
Upgrades include:
Mk1 Supra axle with 3.72 open differential
Mk1 disc brakes
I assume that Mk1 disk brakes is referring to the rear only? The reason I ask is that I've upgraded my front brakes on a couple of my Mark2s by using the larger rotor Cressida brakes but found out the hard way that the wagon front brakes were not the same as the sedan.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Dave,

Yes, the Mk1 disc brakes are on the rear axle only. The front brakes are 1987/88 Cressida rotors, calipers and dust shields which are slightly larger than pre-1987 Cressida.

I had these upgrade brakes among a parts collection that I was building for my previous wagon. It had 300k miles on it but had been garaged in Southern Cal it's whole life and the original blue paint on it was really stunningly beautiful until a food delivery driver t-boned it. Thus the reason for all the upgrades on a low mileage car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts