Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas guys listen up. Ok. Here is the deal. There are a few great parts and lots of spares and some rough things that are hard to find. I just want someone to come get them. Im not selling individual parts. All or none. No shipping. Just come and get it. I will respect the six foot rule!

All in plastic bins. The thing all wrapped up is an 84 sunshade. It was painted when they did my car and i havent ever taken the wrapping off.

PM me if you want to come get it. I am in Lewisville. North of DFW.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ill take that rear hatch cargo cover, arm rest, mirrors and mud flaps if your willing to ship? I'll pay for shipping obviously.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would so much pick everything up if I would be near...

What is happening ? Moving ?
Hey! No just need to clear out space in my shed for more junk. Been considering selling my car and need to start moving items that don't need to go with it... I kept all that stuff as just in case items since nothing is available anymore. I have put about 1200 miles on it in the last 12 years. Its just in the way. I probably need to wait until the world economy rebounds.

·
Founding Member
6,291 Posts
Tempting Bill. There's maybe a couple items I might have liked to have for spares, but I don't have room either. My little storage building is full up. I still got all that NOS stuff from the stash we bought fifteen years ago. Still haven't installed any of it yet. Yes, I think classic car prices are going to be hit hard. I bought a Corvette in March 2008 and watched about 25% of its value evaporate in the last recession. By about 2015, it was worth again what I paid for it. But in 2009, I bought a 68 Mustang out of the Sewell family collection for a song. I've been wishing to find an excellent original Starion or Conquest this year. Would be good for me if someone had to sell one due to job loss or whatever in the coming fire sales, but honestly I'd have rather just paid top dollar under normal circumstances. More than likely whatever might be left in the kind of shape I want, owners will now just sit on them for a few more years till the economy recovers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey, Phil if you haven't already join Starquestclub. I have notice a few feeler posts lately and I expect to see more.
I lurk there looking to pick up one as well.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
About a year ago, someone close to me sold a really mint late style Starion, or maybe it was a Conquest for a little over $20K. It went quick too. I always liked the looks of those cars but bought the Supra instead because I much preferred the 5M over the turbo 4. When I did my 5 lug conversion a few years ago, I looked forever for a full set of those wonderful looking wheels that are very close to being 5 lug 16" versions of our original wheels. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Never could find a complete set of either the fronts or either style of rears. I know better than use wheels that finding a replacement one would be virtually impossible. Decades go I had a rare set of Shelby magnesium slotted wheels on my 72 Monte Carlo and it got hit by a snowplow in a mall parking lot on the passenger front destroying one of them. I looked for a replacement everywhere for over 2 years before giving up and selling the remaining three. Of course a couple of months later I found a set of 4 wheels for sale and two of them were original Shelby's. For sentimental reasons, I still have a tube of the special shit that had to be used to clean them somewhere. If they weren't kept clean, it was hard to distinguish them from the plethora of aluminum knockoffs of them. But I still miss how great they looked compared to the common aluminum ones.

·
Founding Member
6,291 Posts
Hey, Phil if you haven't already join Starquestclub. I have notice a few feeler posts lately and I expect to see more.
I lurk there looking to pick up one as well.
I have tried several times to register on that forum. Somehow it never goes through.

·
Founding Member
6,291 Posts
About a year ago, someone close to me sold a really mint late style Starion, or maybe it was a Conquest for a little over $20K. It went quick too. I always liked the looks of those cars but bought the Supra instead because I much preferred the 5M over the turbo 4.
There were several cars of similar styling to the Supra that I liked back in my high school and college days, like the Isuzu Impulse RS, the Nissan 200SX Turbo, Dodge Daytona Turbo, VW Scirroco, etc. but the Starion was my second favorite after the Supra. I was fully prepared to pay that. Like the Supra, if you buy one that's anything less than excellent condition to start with, it may be near impossible to round up needed parts (not very often hoarders like Bill here relinquish any of their stash) and can easily spend way more than that on the restoration. But these Mitsu are much harder to find than a Supra and seems more often hacked up with modifications.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There were several cars of similar styling to the Supra that I liked back in my high school and college days, like the Isuzu Impulse RS, the Nissan 200SX Turbo, Dodge Daytona Turbo, VW Scirroco, etc. but the Starion was my second favorite after the Supra. I was fully prepared to pay that. Like the Supra, if you buy one that's anything less than excellent condition to start with, it may be near impossible to round up needed parts (not very often hoarders like Bill here relinquish any of their stash) and can easily spend way more than that on the restoration. But these Mitsu are much harder to find than a Supra and seems more often hacked up with modifications.
LOL, hoarder. Thats what my wife calls me.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tempting Bill. There's maybe a couple items I might have liked to have for spares, but I don't have room either. My little storage building is full up. I still got all that NOS stuff from the stash we bought fifteen years ago. Still haven't installed any of it yet. Yes, I think classic car prices are going to be hit hard. I bought a Corvette in March 2008 and watched about 25% of its value evaporate in the last recession. By about 2015, it was worth again what I paid for it. But in 2009, I bought a 68 Mustang out of the Sewell family collection for a song. I've been wishing to find an excellent original Starion or Conquest this year. Would be good for me if someone had to sell one due to job loss or whatever in the coming fire sales, but honestly I'd have rather just paid top dollar under normal circumstances. More than likely whatever might be left in the kind of shape I want, owners will now just sit on them for a few more years till the economy recovers.
Phil, that's exactly why I didn't reach out to you, I knew you had so much stuff already, plus I think half of this stuff was yours to begin with... and yeah I still have all of that NOS stuff I will probably let go when I sell the car. Good Times.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Whitey,
Thank you for your patronage sir!
@jugalo pleasure doing business with you! Thanks for letting me look at your beautiful car. Pictures don't do it justice. Really great car. The attention to detail and keeping it original is awesome. Stay in touch! One of these days I'll get mine finished and @pdupler and @PB and @gamble we will all have to go cruising some time. Before one of us sells our cars.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
@jugalo pleasure doing business with you! Thanks for letting me look at your beautiful car. Pictures don't do it justice. Really great car. The attention to detail and keeping it original is awesome. Stay in touch! One of these days I'll get mine finished and @pdupler and @PB and @gamble we will all have to go cruising some time. Before one of us sells our cars.
No chance on selling mine in the near future. We need to go on a cruise for sure when this is all over. You know I'm down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts