Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some photos at the Stockton autoX today. There are some pics of Don Lew's blue 84' and Frank's Silver '85. I'm still trying to get used to my relatively new digicam, so they aren't perfect. Action shot are tricky to get due to the time delay (gotta hit the button before the car hits the view). I could use more zoom as well.

http://www.pbase.com/silvermk2/autox_427_stockton&page=1

Hopefully if the weather is good next weekend I'll get some photos of Dons car at the Solo Nats in Atwater.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:drool: two Silver mk2's side by side :D

Cool pics man

·
Super Moderator
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one on the right is Frank's 85. I didn't get the last name but Don says he's registered here. Mines on the left. Car is pretty close to a twin of mine. I think he said it has 92 or 93k miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
thats why I was asking, they look like my Hayashis. I've only ever seen pics of 1 or 2 cars on the net with my wheels so I was wondering if they were the same. They're basiclly a knock off of the rims the old Ferraris (F40s, 328s, etc) came with, but in 15 inch sizes. There is another knock off of that style I see much more often, but its a 1 piece wheel while mine, and Franks, are true 3 piece. Heres a pic of mine...

http://www.pbase.com/image/4691357

15x8 rear, 15x7 front. all +12mm offset, under 14 pounds front and rear. Apparently the previous owner bought them new from an importer in the states a few years before I bought them and paid something like 2200 Cdn for them.

·
Super Moderator
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those wheels are old school HREs. I'd guessestimate they were about 16x7s.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Those Autocross photos are great. Thanks for sharing!

That looks like SO much fun.... :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Stephen,

Completely off-topic here... but that avatar is AWESOME! LMAO
I came across that the other day...thought it was funny as hell. I'm a big time Honda basher so....couldn't help it.

Glad you like it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts