Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so ive been working the bugs out of my 5mge that i had to put in and i bought it without knowing anything about it

So basically i threw it in and plugged it all in and wont run right
so i figure out it was the AFM
As i was diagnosing i look at my dipstick and it is cream colored =( (bhg)

So i took the intake mani off to redo my fuel line and double check everything and guess what i find inside the coolant ports
(pictures)

And this is dipstick (was worse the other day last had it running)

Basically im wondering if its a BHG or since the last owner of motor Pressure washed it before i got it(told him not to) could there just be water in the motor and left over coolant which creamed up?
Help me guys just got it running a little bit and i find this
Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
788 Posts
only way to really know is to do both a compression test and coolant system pressure leak test. i can't see the pics at work, but just giving advice as to what i would do first.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
there is coolant in the oil and oil in the coolant. Could be any of a number of things. As was already stated, you need to do some troubleshooting. We can guess that it may be a blown headgasket but until you shoot some trouble there all we can do is speculate.
What do you mean by 'running a little bit'? That could be a clue. How did you figure out it was the AFM? Curious. It won't run right - how not?
How did the dipstick look when you first acquired the engine? You said you threw it in without knowing anything about it. That's the first thing you should have done after introductions is check the oil.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nooo i drained it and was fine and put new oil and filter on it basic stuff you know
But i had it running but wasnt running right something was wrong and i tested the AFM not good
So i have a spare but dont wanna run it anymore until i compression test it and stuff so
Ill get you guys some specs in a litle bit
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts