Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
This saturday? dammit..I have to work 9am-530pm....lolz...lemme know earlier next time..I'm always game for a meet! I think me, Don, and Christian need to get together. Share some ideas on my suspension workings.

I really need to find an appropriate shock for the rear, I would expect that if you're buying a coilover kit, you'll be lowering your car more than what the Eibach's allow. So I figure a short stroke shock would be in order. I already have plans to work with KONI on the shocks and strut inserts. I took into consideration Christian's work, and I'm looking into using AE86 struts inserts, revalved for the MK2. Need to see if I can get these adjustable though. I want to use the rears for the AE86 also, but they're no listed as adjustable, lets see how many i need to buy from KONI to make this happen.

I WILL be selling my coilovers as a complete kit, meaning front and rear with shocks and all necessary hardware; including strut spacers, and rear trailing arm supports. The reason for selling it like this is because shocks differ in shapes and sizes, it would make it difficult to have tight tolerances on the coilover sleeves. I want to offer a quality product, not one that requires spacers or adapters galore.

· Registered
291 Posts
I called KONI the other day...they suggested using their adjustable Motorsports edtion strut inserts rather than the AE92's. Mainly because the AE92's are not revalvable. I will look into that as soon as I have some free time. Still in search of some good short stroke shocks for the rear. I asked about the AE86's, but the tech guy gave me a sort of vague answer to whether or not they can revalve them for me or not. I'll look more into this asap, let you guys know what I find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.