Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Keep up the fine fight, Jim. To be honest, the passenger side of my car is about the height I want, I just want to raise up the drivers side by 1". So keep up posted on the spacers. Meanwhile, I will be on the lookout for options.

William, do you have any details on the spacers you were usings?

· Registered
291 Posts
I called KONI the other day...they suggested using their adjustable Motorsports edtion strut inserts rather than the AE92's. Mainly because the AE92's are not revalvable. I will look into that as soon as I have some free time. Still in search of some good short stroke shocks for the rear. I asked about the AE86's, but the tech guy gave me a sort of vague answer to whether or not they can revalve them for me or not. I'll look more into this asap, let you guys know what I find.

· Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi Ray:

Did Koni mention if the Motorsports inserts they suggested was the 8610 single adjustable ? I have this in my fronts, with the shortened strut housing. The length of the strut insert body is 330mm, max stroke length of 550mm, minimum of 451mm. Total stroke length is 151mm. This has been a great strut insert for my autocrossing. I think the limited amount stroke is a detriment on the street. Their 8611 double adjustable strut insert had me excited for a bit, length looked close to stock dimensions but then realized the adjustment for the compression is at bottom of the insert. Not too possible for our cars.

I was quite pleased with the performance of the Rancho RS9000 in the rears at yesterdays autocross. Because of the bumpy course, I started at the setting 3, and by my third run was at softest setting (at setting 1). Left it there for drive home, not a bad ride.

Don L.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.