Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the car unlocked Saturday Nite-Sunday Am go out to Rethread Wheel Cover-Glovebox is open, Stereo faceplate was missing, and column has scratches from Screwdriver. Left timing light and other tools in car, along with speakers-Found faceplate to stereo in neighbors yard-Works ok-Big Sigh of relief-LOCK YOUR SUP!-Mike P

·
Registered
310 Posts
Something simmilar happen to me at a local reck yard. Only thing that got stolen was a PAC CD "THUG LIFE". I dont know how they got into my car no marks scratches. In any case it feels like you was violated.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driveway is right outside bedroom window-Last year, about same time, had 5 cars prowled in one nite around neighborhood-Nice Weather-kids out of school-ETC-May the violators be violated!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Talkin about almost stolen cars. Friday night i was at our local county fair where my younger brothers participate in 4-H well my mother parked right a few cars down. A fence separates the fairgrounds from the parking lot and she was right up against the fence. As i was leaving i saw 2 people on the other side getting into her car, i yelled get the fuck out of my car, and unfortunately was in sandles. They just walked off, luckily the gate people heard me and the sheriffs got them. They pried their way in threw her door, i caught them just before they were going to steal her face plate.. The worst part was she had a spare set of keys in the car, they found them and stuck it in the ignition, they were a couple of stupid kids and luckily didn't know how to drive stick. I felt like a hero...lol

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Ill always double check the locks every time I park my car. I should get one of those license plate covers that say " If you love your life as much as I love my car you wont steal it."

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Back in 88' I came outside with my dad in the morning before work (back when the car was his and I still lived at home) to find the car sitting up on four milk crates (yes MILK CRATES) and three of the four wheeles GONE :cry: . We lived under a street light, next to a cop with a loud dog. Back then wheele theft wasnt as big as it is now, the insurance company was confused to say the lease... so was the tow truck driver when he showed up to tow a car with one wheele. (those damn things cost $450 a piece back in 88!!!!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Hey All.

I love my car so much and where i work, thiefts are common. You say the suburb I work in and everyone think of car theifts :? . So with my Supra as soon as i bought it i put in an alarm but one that was professionally fitted by a Mob that do it for a living and not one of the corner store type alarms. I got also a Microwave Movement sensor fitted so if they were able to break a window with out the alarm going off, the movement sensor sure will get them. I hope anyway.

3 point immobilisiation points, microwave, black wiring, alarm, back up battery and if guarantee if the company can get seal your car, you get a free alarm... That should be enough, for now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My dad had a stereo put in his car a few weeks back, and the NEXT DAY it was stolen. They pried the top of the door out away from the car w/ a crowbar, used something to pop the trunk-release and got in that way. Must have been someone that knew he had it installed, it was all non-visible from the outside. Oh, would I like to find who did it..... :evil:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
reed switch in the console with a relay to the starter wiring....

if a magnet doesnt pass a certain spot in the console, the car doesnt start... key or not

diagram and instructions:
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0059&P=1

build it, use it, love it... :)

also, if your too lazy or dont know how to build something like that, go to a local high school or tech school and see if there are any teachers which would help you find a student who could build you one for like 20 bucks or somethin.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lol, i like em, ive made about 15 or 20 for friends of mine, dont make much money, couple bucks maybe, but its kinda cool to know im helping their cars be safer :)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i reckon i could... gotta charge you for parts, shipping, and maybe enough for lunch... other than that, its all good :)

if your interested, ill price out the bits and post em on here, its been a while since i made one, this will be good incentive to make a few more.

·
Registered
15 Posts

dogstar said:
i reckon i could... gotta charge you for parts, shipping, and maybe enough for lunch... other than that, its all good :)

if your interested, ill price out the bits and post em on here, its been a while since i made one, this will be good incentive to make a few more.
I would be interested as well, please post the price you would charge including shipping within Hockey Country.

would it only work for toyota's or ...?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
you'd be better off using it to cut power to the fuel pump. Bypassing the starter circuit is easy, especially on our cars.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My first Supra was stolen from me. Gone for about 2 months until it was found. Gang members stole it for a joyride.

It wasnt in a terrible exterior shape after they found it but unfortunately I'd already settle with the insurance company and purchased my 4Runner. I miss that car.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ill definitely post prices once i figure how much they cost to make.

i get all my parts from an electronics store my friend owns, sometimes i get deals, sometimes i dont, depends on his mood i guess :?

as for working on other cars... definitely... itll work on pretty much any car, on most of the ones i install, i use it to shut the coil down.

shutting down the fuel pump will still let the car run, maybe far enough to hit something, or someone.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Is there any way of substituting the reed switch with just a regular toggle switch?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts