Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Palm trees.....and an ice covered ground. I think the apocalypse is coming.

The first pair were snapped on the PCH, which runs along the beach. San Diego wasn't very 'sunny & 72' this morning. I loved it. I have to admit a perverse pleasure in seeing the ritual Saturday morning bicyclists and joggers (who take their cycling and jogging way too seriously) getting pelted by 1/8" to 1/4" hail. :zzzzz:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
It was pretty damn cold here too (Ventura area) but we didnt have any ice on the ground this morning when I got up :sadsmilie would have been cool to see ice in Cali... dont see it that much down here on the flats near sea level.

·
POTATO
17,341 Posts
Wow, someone get video of when the tornadoes hit L.A.

That's pretty crazy. I think it's a warning that we're in for yet another crazy year of bad weather. But it sure makes awesome Supra pics :D

Wish it'd snow here :(

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
tornadoes HAVE hit LA. many times in the past few years now. its getting a crazier and crazier as the years progress

·
POTATO
17,341 Posts
KesekiSupra said:
tornadoes HAVE hit LA. many times in the past few years now. its getting a crazier and crazier as the years progress

really? I never heard of it, and I'm usually on top of that crazy stuff. but I think being attacked by so many canes recently, my attentions been diverted...lol

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
That is calender material. reminds me of when i was in Texas seeing the Cowboys beat up on Phily in 92 the ice storm that hit there. Something i thought i would never see there happened. It turns out it happens alot but for me to realize that and be in it are two different things. Its againg hard to believe that picture in california. I drove there too

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Boy thats some crazy shit... on the flip side, it was a gorgeous day here in Jersey... I think it hit 70. I was in shorts and a tee... unheard of for early March on the East Coast.

Jason... whats your suspension setup? Your car sits very pretty!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tanya said:
really? I never heard of it, and I'm usually on top of that crazy stuff. but I think being attacked by so many canes recently, my attentions been diverted...lol
It's because they're little more than dust devils. Waterspouts aren't all that uncommon with storms out here, but they're weak and short lived.

Last year was a good year for weather....I wish we could have more of it.

And I took out the street sign from the 4th pic. :D

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Many many years ago, in 86 IIRC, we had THE hail day.
An outrageous number of cars got hood, roof and truck dammage.
Car dealers were crying... I remember I shelter under a bridge on the highway.
My dad car (6000STE) had 57 visible dents !!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
they were more than overgrown dust devils, at least one of the naders that hit ripped a roof off a house (half really) and moved cars around. the thing is, it lasted a whopping 10 seconds or something like that. at least the ones that hit in the LA region. most of them hit in long beach, then again, what DOESNT hit long beach. it should be its own county with the size that it is.

·
Super Moderator
8,821 Posts
Wow crazy weather. Some of the bay area got like 3" of small hail that made it look like it snowed. It was pretty nice here, other than that hour or so of monsoon rain on Friday. It been freakin cold here (at least for us Californians here lately). Supposedly its Canadian air blowing down, I guess we can blame Canada! :D

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yes the hail damage in around 93 you could go to a dealership and buy a brand new car that went for 20k for 10k. It had hail damage to the roofs and the trunk and hood. My best friend god rest his soul bought one and it was a great car that lasted along time and you could not see the hail damage unless you were a couple feet away. Love you Ted ! My best friend. Life is too short for the best people RIP!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KesekiSupra said:
they were more than overgrown dust devils, at least one of the naders that hit ripped a roof off a house (half really) and moved cars around. the thing is, it lasted a whopping 10 seconds or something like that. at least the ones that hit in the LA region. most of them hit in long beach, then again, what DOESNT hit long beach. it should be its own county with the size that it is.
I think I remember hearing about that, but I doubt it would have seen national coverage....which is what I was getting at. It's the only way Tanya would've heard about it.

Being from Oklahoma, I guess I'm a little jaded. I still wouldn't want to be directly in its path, but then I wouldn't want to be in a lot of our dust devils either. Who wants to be sandblasted? :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts