Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did the headgasket a while back and just lately it kinda hesitates ant low rpm under a load and the exahust manifold glows red hot?????

i have a straight pipe to a cherry bomb turbo muffler i have no idea whats going on cansomeone shed some light on the situation

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
AIR LEAK
or
FUEL PROBLEM

omg edit
your running lean dude
higher octane fuel and retard the timing i want pics of the glowing red mani lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im using 92 octane fuel right now thats all i ever use, and my timing is at 15 over so yeah i thing ill lower it a lil bit and see what happens

ill take a pic of it for you lol its dark to so it will turn out good

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
dude im running 15 on the crank and over 15 on the dizzy with 93 octane and dont have this prob at all
but yours is also a 5m

·
Registered
784 Posts
BHG?

Check that the cat is not plugged up, burning coolant or unburned fuel could plug up the cat. Unless you no cat that is...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im stock 5m 15 on the crank i just took it for a good short drive and it didnt glow so ill see when i take my girlfriend home

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
ive got to agree with spam on this one
a pluged cat would cause that
any black smoke??

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont have a cat its a straight pipe to a muffler no smoke at all and it still runs fine

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Check your cam timing too. Since you had it apart, you probably just put it back together wrong, thats all. Recheck all of your work and you'll find it.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
+1 on possible assembly issue. Is 15 at the crank static/mechanical, or with connector shorted?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mech i put the dots on there cam gear right where they were spose to go and everything im going to go lower the timing on the crank right now

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Um Yeah, Mechanical/static/base timing on these are set at 0.....You are way advanced.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
and did you turn it twice by hand after you lined it up to make sure it stayed where it needed to?
cause if you were even a tad off it wont be lined back up after two full revolutions.

That is per the haynes manual and is the only way I set timing to make sure its correct.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i put the timing light on it and it was at zero so i set it at 10 and it runs way better no missing or anything runs like a champ

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Amazing, setting it at the spec of 10 fixes thing.

84ptypes' suggestion of rolling the engine over a few times by hand is something I now do - I screwed things up in my first head job years ago - somewhere on these forums.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts