Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: The clock says 1:00 every time I start it up and then goes blank...anyone know why?

Question: Anyone ever modified the doors for 6.5” speakers? I’m thinking fiberglassing where the map pockets are and putting in some 6.5 comps. The stock locations are just no good for imaging.

Question: Any one knows of a good tint shop in the Portland (Oregon) area?

Question: Where can I find a good rear strut brace bar? Mike Lewitz? Anyone have this? What to make a homemade bar from?

Question: also going to get new shocks (cant decide weather if I’ll just go with the KYB’s again or something else Tokico HP, Koni, Gab)sugestions?

·
Registered
272 Posts
>>
Question: The clock says 1:00 every time I start it up and then goes blank...anyone know why?
>>

Sounds like you've got a bad fuse somewhere. Sounds like the clock is getting power while the car is on, but the "constant 12v" line isn't working.

>>
Question: Anyone ever modified the doors for 6.5” speakers? I’m thinking fiberglassing where the map pockets are and putting in some 6.5 comps. The stock locations are just no good for imaging.
>>

I've got 6.5's where the map pockets used to be... I was lucky enough to get a parts car that had fiberboard panels installed. I just re-covered them, and swapped them over. Required cutting into the metal of the door with a jigsaw. Note: be careful when cutting into the door with a jigsaw, lest you saw through all your power window and door lock wires. Yipe!

>>
Question: Any one knows of a good tint shop in the Portland (Oregon) area?
>>

No clue...

>>
Question: Where can I find a good rear strut brace bar? Mike Lewitz? Anyone have this? What to make a homemade bar from?
>>

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1706

>>
Question: also going to get new shocks (cant decide weather if I’ll just go with the KYB’s again or something else Tokico HP, Koni, Gab)sugestions?
>>

I've been running Tokico's for years now. I highly recommed them, but I also recommend installing stiffer springs at the same time. Eibach's and Tokico's are a very popular combination. Without stiffer springs, the increased dampening makes the carcar rebound very slowly and tends to feel very "heavy".

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting comment on the shocks. I diden't notice any "heavyness" with the KYB's and the stock springs...

I dont suppose you have pixs of the door speakers?

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strange thing about the clock thing is that the clock comes on then goes off when I turn the lights or markers on. Also the clock dosent blink but stays stuck on 1:00 and wont allow ajustments.....

will

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
could be the clock module itself is just screwed. The clock is supposed to dim when the lights come on. Maybe you have a short somewhere, but you might want to try replacing the clock. You still have yours from the old car? If power to the whole car is being disrupted when the car is shut off, then the clock on the stereo (assuming you have one) should get reset when you turn the car off too. If it isn't the problem is just local to the clock module, try replacing it if you have a spare.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the memory wire in the stero plug seem to be fine....

I was really hoping not to have to open up the dash... :(

Humm I knew that the clock dimed when the lights come on I wonder if that has anything to do with it....

It strange that the clock works somewhat but dosen't change and dosen't allow adjustment....

Will

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so the clock decided to just start working again.. Strange huh? supra the self healing car...

will

1 - 7 of 7 Posts