Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a JDM 7m-gte engine, they don't come with an ecu and the wiring harness is cut. So i'm wondering if anyone knows where i could find an uncut harness and ecu? I know there's the occasional one being sold in the "parts for sale" section, but is it possible to buy them new from Toyota? Or are there any reasonably priced aftermarket ECU's?

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not worth it then, are you refering Toyota and aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
yeah - put a wanted ad here on the forum. I know I have a couple ecu's in my partsbarn and at least one wiring harness. I know there are others around here on the forum and the price is usually not too bad around here. Some guys will scour the boneyards for you if they know what you're looking for.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bud, I will take your advice. I just need to track down what year the engine is, so hopefully I'll get to that soon.

·
Registered
906 Posts
prohibitively expensive.
Brand new 89 for under $450 last I checked, through Mark ..... the one I installed on Toomie was the best investment made for that car ......

Just saying :)

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Wow - last I checked was more than $700 a few years ago at Fletcher 'fleecer' Jones Toyota.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$450 that's not bad for a brand new one, does that include the wiring harness and ecu?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Harness only ... check with Mark - Vancouver Toyota, in the Vendor section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts