Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess since the snow is gone I will try to get this going again. And this time I will even show up for it :D I promise. Email my home addy: [email protected] if you are interested. I will also post to the yahoo egroup. It would be on a Saturday or Sunday and would include a parking lot meet and greet followed by a cruise in the foothills.
-Wil

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
id be up for it, but id have to try and drag some people down from edmonton with me.

figure out when and let me know at [email protected] and ill see if i cant make it down there. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
South Alta minimeet

If you're planning for one around late June, early July, I might even make it; plan on visiting family for a week or two, Edmonchuk & Cowtown.

BTW any luck on finding mkII/mkIII stuff in pick-your-parts? I would be willing to pay you a markup for your time. I contacted HondaToy in Edmonton, and they quoted me $850 for a USED CT26 by itself....I am still looking for the complete 7MGTE exhaust system, or better still, intake & CPU included.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MK3s are very rare at the wreckers. Mk2s come through more often but its getting slim. What do you need?
I will post the meet details if/when it comes together. It doesnt look good. Not as many club members in this area this year. Almost no response but I will repost in a few weeks.
-Wil

·
Registered
118 Posts
parts

I'm interested in getting the parts to turbo the 5m in my 82; would also like to get the 240(?) km/h speedo cluster. I'm stuck with the old 140/85 P.O.S., and that spends far too much time pinned. 8)

Ken

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...the first turbo set up I find is mine :wink: The speedo swap is easy. I did mine last fall. You can use a celica cluster if thats all you can find. I also have an 82 and The 240k speedo clusters come with the check engine circuit and we dont have that feature so although the cluster works fine the check light doesnt.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i can see what the cluster looks like in my parts car.

not much in pick your part places around here, i havent seen a supra in months, most people part em out or sell em as parts cars.

there was a mkIII a while back, nice shape except for an engine fire.

i dont know if anything would be salvagable, since it had been hot enough to seriously distort the hood, and the dashboard and interior was even melted a bit.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a Celica gauge. I swapped the tach module because of the 4cyl-6cyl incompatability. Just a couple of screws :lol: about 30 if I remember correctly. You will have to remove them all to remove the back of the cluster and access the tach. Also a good time to swap the bulbs if you want different colors. I stayed stock but one day I will put in blue bulbs.
Let me know if you need help
-Wil

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got a cluster

Local wrecker had a 200/130 speedo cluster; got it for $30.

Still interested in any MKIII turbo stuff. An exhaust & turbo see very high heat, so fire may have left them undamaged.....

Ken

·
Registered
49 Posts
Calgary Mini-meet TODAY

I am passing this (edited version) along for anyone in the Calgary, AB area (received via e-mail this morning).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

I am still going to hold our first meet on this Saturday May 10 due to the fact that it is not supposed to be too bad on Saturday for weather. I would like to see a lot of you guys out there and I would like it if you guys could reply to this on whether or not you are coming.

The meet will be held at Deerfoot mall in the far west side of the Sears parking lot. We will meet at around 1:00pm and then "meet and greet" for a little bit. From there I have decided that we may as well just go by ear. I think eating somewhere could help us get to know each other and get us talking. From there I would like to do a fun run type thing where we just cruise around.

Please try to make it down, I would like to have a good first meet so that I can organize better meets in the future.

I am sending this e-mail out to everyone that I have on the mailing list even though some members have already told me they can't make it.

--------------------------------------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts