Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, when it comes to rims, tires...i dont know anything.....but i do know that i was an after market set of rims...maybe 17" anyways....i know i need spacers....whatever they r......but...how do i go about getting those? what size and stuff? and r they universal with all rims? or most? thanks!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
for spacers, there are a few places selling them on the net, but IMHO your best bet is to find a knowledgable friend in a local machine shop, and discuss it with them, maybe ask around in performance shops if they know who can do that kinda work.

get the wheel measurements, and talk to them for a while, tell them exactly what you want to do and how you want to do it.

i was going to order spacers online, but i found out i can get entire bolt pattern conversion and spacers for less...

4x100 and a 35 offset here i come :)

itll suck for finding wheels with a lip, but ill be able to finally find wheels in 16 or 17" for less than $150cdn a corner, maybe 100 a corner if i go used. :D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Why do you need spacers? Do you have the wheels already? Why not get the properly fitting wheels? There are still companies out there that make wheels that fit the mk2.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
problem is in my experience, most of the stuff that "fits" these days is either a 'barely fits' option or a very expensive alternative.

im not in the market to spend 1000+ us$ for a set of wheels, and its considerably more for the ones i want, plus im in canada, so i pay twice.

thats my reasoning anyways, and yes, i am looking at a set of barely fitting wheels, but im not sure if thats any better than a set of spacers and some wheels that fit exactly.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
OK.. since you are looking at spacers anyways - you'll have to get spacers that will give you close to 0mm offset. Ie. If you 're looking at wheels with a 40mm offset you will have to get a 40mm spacer .. preferrably billet spacer that are hub centric on both the hub side and the wheel side. The spacer should also have lugs. Using ET-lugs at this length can be dangerous.

Regards,
James R

·
Super Moderator
8,390 Posts
For something thick enough to mount a FWD wheel on a MkII you want an adapter not a spacer. Most companies will only make spacers up to 3/4" or so. BTW these guys are a great place to get adapters/spacers made;

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/

They're a Z car place but they'll custom make anything you want. They list adapters like this for the Z cars but Z cars have a bigger hub bore than MkII.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
For something thick enough to mount a FWD wheel on a MkII you want an adapter not a spacer. Most companies will only make spacers up to 3/4" or so. BTW these guys are a great place to get adapters/spacers made;

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/

They're a Z car place but they'll custom make anything you want. They list adapters like this for the Z cars but Z cars have a bigger hub bore than MkII.
MM is Ross Corrigan. I've talked much with him over the years
to discuss some of our common issues. He's a great guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts