Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Spanked a VR6 Swap

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Snafu_Bohica 
#1 · (Edited)
Since i'm back in school, its back to "hey, lets race" and, "no, your dad's money doesn't appeal to me" kind of talking. Had all kinds of challenges through the hall. Everything from a Stock Denali to a 2010 BMW M3.

After talking shit all the time about the VW **** at school, they all come crawling out with their VR6 swapped MKII jettas and shit. One kid, in a particularly aggressive, nasally tone thinks I drive a Ugo or something.

I was headed off campus to go get some grub when in my rear-view I see the white mkii jetta/rabbit/golf thing behind me. Kid's name is Matt. My brother is with me and I tell him "Great, a Volkswagen kid". My brother wonders what's so bad and I say "nothing, he is gonna wanna race me."

I pull onto the 2-lane (in each direction) road and come to a stoplight, sure enough his window rolls down and that whiny, nasally voice rings out "let's race". I'm missing my muffler, so I sound like a Subi. The cross-traffic light turns yellow and I jump to 1500 rpm to get the oil moving, when the cross-traffic light is red, I move to 2300. Our light turns green and I dump the clutch. INCREDIBLE reaction time on my part, even though I had a little wheel spin. My rear wheels hit the far end of the intersection just as his enter it. Up to 4200 in first, drop to second - Continuing to pull. Shift from 2nd at about 50 - easily 3 full lengths ahead of him.

I throw it into 3rd and hit 65, then begin to coast down to 45, the posted speed. A full three seconds later, the VW zips past me and changes into my lane, claiming victory after I began to slow down. Next stop light, I remind him that his car is easily 600lbs lighter than mine and that I am N/A. He says he is too. Couldn't REALLY tell if he had boost - I doubt he did. I later ask around to find out he has a VR6 swap into it. Funny, its a 2.8L V6 and I have a 2.8L I6. Heavier car and torquier engine to me. Victory in my arms.

Who won?
R/T - me
60' est. - me
30mph - me
1/8 - me
first to 65 - me
Ricer Flyby - him

Mark one up for me =D

And i let off at 65, so thatS Why you got ahead

His FB defense:
21 minutes ago Mathew
excuses.... i smacked you bro

20 minutes ago Taylor
Right. I had an easy three lengths on you before i slowed down

19 minutes ago Mathew
your dumb you know i smacked you just because you have more torch i have more acceleration you had nothing on that.

16 minutes ago Taylor
I beat you off the line, across the intersection, to 40, to 50, to 65. I have more torque, better acceleration, more weight and an overall better performance. A ricer flyby doesn't mean you win. A clear win is the 3-lenths from my bumper to yours when I let off the throttle.

14 minutes ago Mathew
i missed the start... bro i looked up and the light was green

13 minutes ago Taylor
"excuses.... i smacked you bro"

13 minutes ago Mathew
and anyy race fucking knows you race until you run out of room now 50 feet? alright line up again lets go..

12 minutes ago Taylor
Just to concrete that I can beat you?
I would have just kept pulling on you all the way to Safeway.
(safeway is 4 miles out)

See less See more
#4 ·
If you can possibly keep a lid on the boosted plans, I'm sure you'll grab a wad o' daddy's dough :laugh:
Already have the Denali kid wagering $50 that his supercharged 5.0 'Stang will beat my 7mgte swap. Too bad I'm done in January and my swap is planned to be done in March :sarcasm:

#3 ·
The only VW ive seen that are anywhere near quick would be the old bugs with the porshe engine swaps. lol not a huge fan, especially after working on a wolfsburg edition jetta. horrible memories. never again!
in my town we have a bunch of honda idiots. lol, if nissan motorsports is nismo, then honda motorsports is ****, lol, ill stick to toyota racing development(TRD), sounds way better.

#6 ·
This is amazing. My friend just bought a mk3 VR6 Jetta, and we always argue about who's is faster. If my engine ran better, I probably would race him, but not until my swap is done. Just to make sure. Lol

#7 ·
"you race until you run out of room" :eekfacepalm:

I wouldn't even bother talking to this idiot unless it's at the track, his attitude towards driving will more than likely get someone hurt or in trouble. When it's all said and done both of you know who won, although his ego might not allow him to see things for what they are.

#8 ·
"you race until you run out of room" :eekfacepalm:

I wouldn't even bother talking to this idiot unless it's at the track, his attitude towards driving will more than likely get someone hurt or in trouble. When it's all said and done both of you know who won, although his ego might not allow him to see things for what they are.
Sums up the VW Crew at my school...

#12 ·
Reminds me of my friend with his 1.8t I all done up. I/h/e tune and other shit that I dodo on for fun everywhere we take seperate cars to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.