Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went last night and went to the store to get some stuff. as I was pulling out there was this riced out civic with chopped springs (gray primer all over the car with stickers on it) he came up and reved his engine at me at the light. :lol: I looked over and there sat the ricer driving with his girl on the side (ohh man she was hot :yumyum: ) Light turns green and I let him take the jump :twisted: to see what hes got. by the end second I was 2 cars in front of him, by then I pulled out to see the look on his face :puppydog:. Man his girl was like :eek2:

Second race of the night I saw this red Camaro SS sitting at the light, I thought to me self why bother Ill loose. He knew it I knew it so I just sat there. Waiting for the light this Gray Nissan Frontier V6 :roll: comes up behind me and reves his engine. I look over to the guy in the Camaro and hes looks at me :confused: I guess he knew I didnt want to run him so he backs off as soon as the light turned green to let the Frontier come up next to me :p .the Nissan pulls up and as soon as the light turned green we both take off. all he as was me :3gears: Poor Nissan didnt have a chance in hell to catch up :lol: :dancin:

Well those are my kills for this month :flex:
BTW these were done with my Slow Whitpra Beast

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
sounds like a fun trip to the store:)
i love the sport utes who think theyve got it goin on, but they forget, theyre hauling 500-1000 pounds more than us, usually with the same power output.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sparky said:
Ever seen an Expedition try to race a Mk II? It gets really funny after about 80 :evil:
:rotfl: Dude you have no Idea how many times Iv done that. Freeway, streets, and from a slow roll :lol: I get them every time :twisted:

·
Registered
351 Posts
yeah, beware that HO 360 that some of those durangos have, they can put a hurt on you! but don't fear the 318, those are just a snack!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Speaking of SUV's, my Mother-in-law just got an '03 Mercury Mountaineer... AWD with the V-8. Its a total pig weight-wise, but that V-8 and the AWD gives it a bit of launch, especially when ya run it up against the torque converter. In fact, it launches well enough to put the front tire of a Honda 2000 at the rear bumper, when going stop light to stop light 3 times :) The guy wouldn't even look at me after the second time, and his buddy in the passenger seat was laughing hysterically at him... Of course, had the 2000 managed to catch me somewhere that we coulda raced for moer than 3/4 of a block, he woulda eaten me faster than a fat woman eatin a hotdog.. but it was still satisfying... :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
It's funny hearing all the talk about the Durango! I've got a 2k D w/the 5.9L, and I've installed the performance pcm (computer), exhaust, intake and large throttlebody. I still think my Supra can take it, although my D is the full-time 4wd(r/t's and slt+'s all came as full-time 4wd, some slt's came as 2wd and part time 4wd). It's still pretty fast, but you need to watch out for the new 5.7 hemi's, THOSE are fast! As for the 5.2l, it's the same block as the 5.9, but different heads/crank. Not very fast. the 4.7l motors are also pretty quick, but lose it around 85mph.
Just a bit of advice, if you really wanna beat a Durango, just stay even w/it till around 115mph, then stomp down hard! They all came with a speed limiter set around 115~120mph! If he stays with ya, he's installed the performance pcm!!!
Bottom line, Durango is still an American built piece-o-crap! The quality just isn't there, and they just don't last like a Toyota! You don't see many American vehicles going 200k+ without some major engine/tranny work. Our Supras keep running pretty well at that mileage!
Okay, start flamin' away!!!

:eek:nfire:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i got smoked by a 5.7hemi 3/4 ton today lol

man, talk about embarrassing... it was almost like the commercial... guys got a lil trailer behind (no car) and just pulls hard right past me.
lol, i really need boostage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Let me guess how you felt dogstar :toilet: :lol:
I know how that feels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts