1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like the NGK. I have been getting the regular ones, but the iridium is only a little more money on that site. Anybody running those?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jbrody44 said:
I like the NGK. I have been getting the regular ones, but the iridium is only a little more money on that site. Anybody running those?
Where could i get some regular ones or are they the platinum ones.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I should have said the platinums. I usually get the platinums as opposed to the iridiums. The NGK number is bpr5e9. My owners manual recommends these plugs or denso platinums.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I didn't care for the iridiums. I swtiched back to the NGK V-Groove Coppers and the car runs way better BPR5EY stock #1233 the good thing is that they are $1.59 each, but you need to change them once a year. When i bought the iridiums they were ~80 a set what a waste. I may try them again on the dyno and see what the numbers look like but they sure dont feel that great.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've got NGK Platiums(on sale $6.99 each, regular $12.99 each, OUCH!) and they seem to run great. I had the NGK coppers before and the idle is definately smoother now. Brian

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
The best plugs i've found are the denso plugs from toyota. They are platinum tipped and are recomended by toyota.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree the densos are best but if you don't want to sell your children then the NGK are good to. I run the NGK regulars and they are fine, much better then the bosch or any other "performance plug"

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I have some denso platinum laying around somewhere. I really did not like those (they was in my blue mk2) but ill give them a try in my red one. THX :p

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have the NGK bpr11s they are platinum and work great. I got them for 45 dollars on ebay-that was for 16 :!:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts