Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are some photos of my fiberglass speaker pods for 6.5" drivers. No door modification was required to make way for the speaker. The 6.5" drivers are completely housed within the pod. I will post more photos as the project moves forward.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks very good Donnie. I am very interested in your install. I'm looking at ways to get some 6.5's in my front doors with out cutting on the doors as well.

Richard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Door Pods Completed

The Crossovers will mount in the passenger side rear storage. The amp will be
under the floorboard for now -- until the sub enclosure is made along with an amp rack. Single 10" sub.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i love your car! ive seen a baby blue MKII with some nice black rims when i lurked on here before signing up. wonder if it was yours? anyways love your car. (had to say it again)

·
Registered
164 Posts
hey djue,

i like the wooden false floor you have made, do you have any plans or drawings on how you made this? cheers

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm loving these pods... I want some, the stock sized speakers just arn't cutting it.

hey djue,

i like the wooden false floor you have made, do you have any plans or drawings on how you made this? cheers
Are you referring to the hatch board? Either that's what you're referring to or I'm completely wrong.

The 82-83's came with a different (smaller) spare tire and had a solid rectangular hatch board. The 84-86 had a larger spare tire, the wheel looks almost identical to the stock wheel, therefore they had to adjust the hatch board to fit the larger spare (making a wierd looking hatch board).

I'm going to feel like an idiot if you're talking about something else, lol.

Tony

·
Registered
322 Posts
The 82-83's came with a different (smaller) spare tire and had a solid rectangular hatch board. The 84-86 had a larger spare tire, the wheel looks almost identical to the stock wheel, therefore they had to adjust the hatch board to fit the larger spare (making a wierd looking hatch board).
the spare rim is different than the others wtf?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Compact Spare Tire

Everyone is right on the mark. My car has a "compact" spare much smaller than the stock tires/rims. The rear space "wooden" subfloor is stock from the factory without mods. There are two forward hinges to allow tire access. When down. the subfloor rest on the spare and a metal support which is attached to the subfloor on the right.

Donnie Jue

·
Registered
164 Posts
awesome, that was exactly what i was referring to djue.

my 85 came with a full size spare, but i have changed it out for a nissan 180sx/240sx / s13 silvia spare tyre, which is a space saver spare, also with a 4x114.3 stud pattern, or something like that.

could you please take more photos of the false floor? im interested..

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great fiberglass work. You did a super nice job. One thing I wonder...will it hit your legs with the doors closed?, Just seems like it really extends into the cab...hard to tell from the photos though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yah im liken the gauges to, they go good with the rest of the interior. mine are set up alot like that but they are under the stereo instead of on top.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
dude your car is amazing! i love the color and your rims and everything go 82!! i love my false floor i have a 10 inch sub in my spar tire well with the amp on the floor so when you flip up the floor its like a lil hidden system lol. but yes very very nice car!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
FYI on the spare tire setup, I've got a full size spare and my vehicle was purchased in 1982, it is an 83 model car though, maybe this was an option? I'm the second owner and I really doubt the first owner got a full size spare.
BTW, your car looks great, the pods look good also-but I doubt I could get my size 12's past the pods on vehicle entry....I'm always knocking my speaker grills off now-and the speakers are set into the door.
Keep up the good work-car looks great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts