Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
Ken, yeah between my fingers and eyes being bloodshot at least!!!

Arch

Dangerous Ken said:
Geez AJ, how many did you have to type in? a couple hundred :) :rolleyes:

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
I thought I would repost this for any new members with '86s to post their production date and last seven #s of the vin. Look on the drivers door for the production plate.

Anyone newbies with a '86???

Newest '86 on the list is Cartmans with a #176258, the newest '86 I found on Carfax is #177013 with a production date of 11/85.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have a 86 mk2 and 86.5 mk3 there brother one for drit the other is a jack stand jockey ehehhe autox/drag

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine has a production date of October 85 and the last six digits are 174079

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was bored at work and just found this thread..

My 86 has a build date on the door of OCT 85 with the numbers 175224
I also have the info that my car was sold from the dealer lot in May of 86.

So...according to what stubAdub posted on post #25 about his number and date, this table found below...does not make sense.
http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/MA61.html

·
Registered
432 Posts
My '86 is also a Nov 85 build date. Serial 176616. Would be interesting to know what the last MKII serial number is.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
That reminds me, Jake (ABQMK2) just found a Silver 86 in ABQ, New Mexico. Rod Knock is the cause of why he wants to get rid of it. I think its in Pretty decent Shape interior wise. Price Im not for sure of as he is working it down.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I had an 86 MK2 supra and it had a limited edition badge on it just below the back license plate on the black horizontal surface. I dont have any proof just my word. I do have a few pics of the car, but none of the rear close up. I bought it from the original owner who bought it at a dealership in Las Cruses NM.

Ive tried to find the vin so I could track it down but I havent been able to locate it. Ive even asked my old ins. company and the MVD and they dont have records back to 94..so IM SOL.

I really think there was a limited edition...I call it the YETI of MK2's...heard of it and Ive seen it but nobody else has.

Ive been kicking myself in the ass since Ive sold that car...But my 85 is way better ;)

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
Same info that Matti had is on the MA/RA microfishe...

Any Toy model built from Aug > on is considered the next model yr...

Possible the car sat on the lot that long??

I was bored at work and just found this thread..

My 86 has a build date on the door of OCT 85 with the numbers 175224
I also have the info that my car was sold from the dealer lot in May of 86.

So...according to what stubAdub posted on post #25 about his number and date, this table found below...does not make sense.
http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/MA61.html

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi Arch;

My '86 has an Oct/85 build date and serial ending in 175243

Has anyone compiled a list of all the '86s on the forum?

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
Bob, not that I'm aware of...

Hi Arch;

My '86 has an Oct/85 build date and serial ending in 175243

Has anyone compiled a list of all the '86s on the forum?

Bob

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I would be interested in such a list, seeing as we now own TWO 86's. It would be pretty neat to find out whose car rolled off of the assembly line before/after ours :D .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I second the notion on the list i have an 86 and would like to see how many are still around and all those guys talking about buying parts for an 85 instead of an 86 i work at checker(or kragen,shucks same thing)if i look up an 86 mk2 supra in my computer it gives me 7m parts like 90 percent of the time, so anyone with an 86 shopping at checker say you have an 85 beleive me its way easier

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts
See below...

You can estimate on the total cars build by checking the vin #s from Aug 85 month to month until November on the MA/RA Microfiche.

I have a Nov 85 production date # 175861

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Mine is NOV 85 build, last 6 are 176240

21 - 40 of 61 Posts