Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was at pick your part getting a new wiper control module I also grabbed a speed control module(green box) figuring that if the wiper control needs replacing I may as well do the speed control as well. I took the parts from an 83 and when I removed my 82 it was slightly different. The 83 has a ground wire coming from inside and attaching to one of the brackets. The 82 doesnt have this. The numbers stamped on the outside are also different.

What does the speed control control? I thought It was the wiper speed control but now I am wondering. So if anyone could possible help with an identification of the module in question (green speed control module located in pass. kick panel on top of the wiper control) I would really appreciate it.

TIA
-Wil

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
uh..an external ground wire probly :D If you use it, go ahead and ground it somewhere. I've only looked at the one one my 82 (right before i ripped it out) and it didn't have it. But if your old cruise aint broke, why fix it?

Christian

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My cruise doesnt work. I dont mind I like to drive. I was just curious why 82s dont and 83s do. I was wondering what the difference would be (besides an external ground wire :lol: )

-Wil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts