Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after two years of work it was time for a shake down cruise. I noticed that my cruise control did not work and that speedometer is about 15mph fast. I searched last night and a read that they can be related but just what is the connection between them?

Also the heater is not working, what’s the most likely problem there, the temp valve?

Jim

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
The only connection between them is that the speed sensor for the CC is in the speedeo gauge.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
speedometer is prolly weakened return spring. u can drive by tach if u don't want to fix it.
cruise has a diaphragm in it (large cylinder near driver under hood) that usually dries out and cracks and leaks becoming inoperative. Use search for threads describing how to fix them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the info. If the speedo is working then the cc problem is not with the sensor is it? I have a good diaphram on the cc, it holds a suction. The next thing might be what... the cruise computer?

Jim

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Could be fuses, wiring, or the computer.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My whole right stalk, i.e. the wipers and cc needs to be replaced. Not necessarily the stalk, but I'm sure the wiring is toast.

Wiper INT doesn't work (I hear clicking based on the Int speed sitting but wipers never move). Gotta find the right spot for Lo, and find the right spot for Hi wipers. CC was on today but I had to activate it with wiper set in Hi (wipers didn't engage cause I didn't hit spot). At Off cruise wouldn't engage, and when I switched wipers to off 10 minutes later Cruise cut off on it's own. No brakes, no button touching from what I remember. Windshield washer button works I think. I hear the motor when I press it twice for headlights, but not once for windshield.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Word of caution: If u use rain-x and very rarely have wipers on continuously the rarely used stalk switch contacts get corroded of a sort. Solution is to run the stalk over the unused contacts 50 times or more to clean the corrosion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Could the rod behind the firewall be detached from the motor? (thats what happened to me)

and both my Speedo and CC don't work, I think I did something to the cable when I was installing the new starter (was getting pretty frustrated with a bolt) and I think the cable goes near it and into the tranny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts