Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
Sounds like you didn't bleed them good enough or you have an air leak somewhere. If you have a leak in the system usually the pedal will just go to the floor and you should have fluid coming out somewhere. I would inspect around all the fittings make sure everything is nice and tight. I would also take a peek under the dash to make sure you aren't loosing any fluid from the master cylinder. Also make sure you don't let any air back into the system when you bleed the brakes. I use one of the Mityvac brake bleeder which works great for solo work. HTH

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
I think I paid about $30 for mine from Harbor Freight. Its actually a pretty simple device. Basically a cup with a hose attachment goes to a hand vacuum pump. You pump a vacuum in the cup and crack the bleeder and the brake fluid goes into the cup. Keep repeating till its nice and clean. If you have one of those handheld vacuums pumps for engine work you could probably make your own with a small tupperware cup with a couple of nipples glued on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.