Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_512.shtml

Will they clear z32 turbo front calipers. (which I already have)

yes 5x114.3 I'm doing the hub swap.

If not, what do you guys suggest in a moderate price range for fitment with z32 brake swap and 5 bolt conversion?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thats what I need to hear. that these type of wheels will work on the car and look good. Comments and suggestions more than welcome!

do they work in silver on the mk2? and will they clear z32

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Your best bet is to actually try them on your car. Seeing as not that many people actually go with a 5 bolt conversion and the z32 turbo front calipers, your probably not gonna get that many reponses or feed back on that.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bring up a very valid point, but I mean theres no harm in asking if anyone has any experience.

In general, do the 4 bolt XXR wheels clear the z32 brake swap? The 5 bolt version in essence is the same wheel dimensions, same 0 offset, so I would only imagine the hub face would be similar.

But its true that I'm going to be running unconventional rotors, 350Z over sized track rotors, the disc hat has less thickness than an mpv disc, so I may end up using a small spacer. But my goal here is at most a small spacer. The starion wheels I wanted to run would need 30 mms just to clear the caliper. not ideal.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
responded by email I sent them the measurements. I will find out soon if the xxr 512 clears!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm on the fence about what to do with these brakes, Ive been reading through the brake swap thread and getting some inspiration but I haven't found the right road yet. The brakes are just too big and I cant find any good wheels to fit them. I didnt think I would have such a hard time finding good wheels in 5 bolt but what do you know, 4 bolt has just better options! I'm still waiting on the rep from XXR to email me back so I can confirm fitment of the wheels I was looking at.

But I was thinking and Raj I'm sure you can give me some insight here, is it possible ro redrill my huge disc (330mm) to fit in place of the stock ma61 disc and just some XXR banana spokes, they should clear and they are offered in very good offsets. The only problem with this is my hub, I have a floating disc set up with z31 hub right now on the garage floor, which would have been fine if I was going to run the z31 hub, now I'm looking at my options. Could I unbolt the MA61 disc, redrill the 350z disc and bolt it to the 4 bolt hub? I'm trying to work with the pieces I have, and the rotors I have a really impressive in size (and cost too) And the only problem is wheels!

I wanted to convert to 5 bolt to do the starion wheels, but brakes are more important to me and I want nothing more than 16"

discuss

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I need some insight. After reading Raj's whole brake swap thread followed by some eyeballing and test fitting, I think I'm going to go peewees route by making a centering ring and re-drilling the disc to make it become "floating" 4-bolt

or to redrill the 5 bolt "floating" z31 hubs I have now and get the studs re-installed as 4 bolt

whats easier? Can I use a hub centric ring as the centering ring for the brakes?

Raj get in here! I need your help with my pioneering :sarcasm: I'm getting excited about this again!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reading on nissan fourm

http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_513.shtml

XXR will clear z32 with ~15 mm spacer.

that means if I went 16x7 +15 in the front, they would turn out to be 0 offset, and I'd run 16x8 0 in the back. I would have to find someone who would lend me a 16x7 XXR wheel so I could try

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
IIRC, one of the z32 caliper swaps adds 16m of track to the front end. Turning your 0 offset wheels into -8.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so with that taken into account I'll run the 16x7 +15 which would turn the front track into -1, correct?

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Jamie, you can redrill anydiscs easily enough. Many have done it, just like I did when I mounted the rear Z32 to the stock 4x114.3 MA6x stub axle. The material is quit soft and easy to drill through.

If you are going to use spacers then why not just stick with the Starion wheels? Once the MPV disc is mounted on the Z31 or Starion front 5x114.3 hub the offset is pushed out 10mm. So a 16x7 +18 will fit like a 16x7 +8 and a 16x8 +18 will fit like a 16x8 +8. With a 8mm spacer added...

Try different things.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
talked to customer service at XXR, they measured and the 513 is supposed to clear, but the maximum spacer required if it doesn't is 5mm.

so the 16x7 +15 will be +10 if used with z32 in the front
16x8 +0 will be -5 if used with z32 in the front

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
The Z32 front disc is 8mm thick and the MPV front disc is 10mm thick. So the 16x7 +15 wheel will fit like it's +7 and +5 respectively. Not bad for the front of a Ptype. Stick the 16x8 +0 on the rear.

XXR 002 inside.

XXR 513 inside.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fantastic pics raj! thank you.

the guy said they will fit, maybe requiring a 5 mm spacer with the discs I have which isnt bad at all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts