Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, TomD on the Yahoo list said that there was a honda kit that we could use for coil overs for our fronts...

Do anyone have info on what application we would use?

Also, which will allow for a better launch for a car that should (mathematically anyway) be a high 12 second car... ST's or Eibachs?

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked on ebay, and there are coil over kits for just about every damn Honduh known to man... The good part is they are in the 50 to 70 dollar range for all four coorners...

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I asked TomD on the yahoo list, and according to him, any coilover kit with a 2-in tube will work...just make sure you have to weld the perches on and its not the set-screw type. William B, who is one step ahead of me I guess and doing what I am thinking about, said that he got a kit for a 92+ vtec prelude (which weighs in amazingly close to our cars). He didn't know the spring rates, but the rear springs were 10 inches and the fronts were 8.

<---heading to ebay to make some purchases

BTW...William... you said your using ST springs... so you are using St springs AND a coil over setup on the rear? and what about the fronts?

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn dude... you just exactly described the setup I have been thinking about... minus the PST bushings and an LJM bar...

:) Guess my line of thinking is pretty good thus far then

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have also been thinking about the rear coil over set-up.. and while the approach I am thinking about is really "low-tech" compared to Ray's set-up, I think It may end up about the same result.

I was thinking about cutting out the upper shock tube from the chasis and welding in the upper half of the Coil-over plate into the hole, thereby using it as both a spring and shock mount, and if need be, a re-fabbed tube could be replaced in there even... unless there would be some problem created by cutting the tube out.

Alot more custom work involved, but alot cheaper (for me at least... I have a friend who makes a living bending steel I-beems and the like with nothing but torches... the guy is Picasso with a Plasma cutter..lol)

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't actually looked at it yet, but my understanding of it was that the Tunnel/tube/whatever you want to call it was too narrow to support a coil-over set-up... Widening that opening is what I am talking about.... I'll have to put it up on the lift on wednesday and actually look at it.... I could be misunderstanding the problem..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.