Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I think I posted this once before but no one really answered and it's the most annoying thing. Every time I let it out SQUUUEEEAAAK. I have put every kind of lubricant you can think of on it (even freakin KY Jelly, haha) but still SQUUUEEEAAAK. Now what the hell can I do to fix this before I freakin stick a bunch of C4s in my car and blow it up?

I know where the squeak comes from cuz I put something on it and it fixes it for about 20 minutes to a week. But it always comes back, no matter what. It's that big knobby bolt thing just above the pedal itself that goes onto the kinda springy thing (yeah I'm stupid I know) but I KILL.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
to add, i'd like to know if anyone has a fix to this as well, mine does the exact same thing......it pisses me off

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DOESNT IT JUST MAKE YOU CRAZY?>!?!?!?!? hahaha, and that waste of KY Jelly... gah :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
306 Posts
i just covered all moving parts with white lithium and used the clutch everytime i was around the car(like parked and hitting clutch) in a couple days it was nice and squeek free. Also find out if it is in the car or outside, could be forks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Same thing here.
in addition....there's a wierd sound-low pitch click noise from engine- this noise stops when I step on the clutch. Anyone have this also?

Maybe get a new clutch cylinder-a genuine toyota part.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine used to do that, and it still does from time to time. Only solution:

Clean out around ALL the joints under the car. AS good as ya can, rag & towel affair. Then get some white grease (called greased lightning, white lithium, and so forth) and spray it all over the joints. Even at the joint just inside the bellhousing (where my noise came from) and COAT it with grease. Then just mess with the clutch over and over to work it in, spraying more as nessicery. That's all you can do. it'll need it about twice a year.

What happens is rust and dirt build up in the joints (especially if rubber protector peices are loose) and water all help to wash and wear away the protective coatings. Annoying as hell, but at least it isn't an expensive fix.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I've tried white lithium grease and it don't work that well that long, i assure you its not the fork its the clutch pedal inside the car, they funny thing its that sometimes it does it sometimes it don't.....oh well i'll just stab my screwdriver threw my ears and i won't have to hear them anymore....lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine made a squeaking noise up until wednesday when I replaced my clutch master cylinder with one from Napa($65) Of course now theres a new one on ebay for $9.99 :mad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
....there's a wierd sound-low pitch click noise from engine- this noise stops when I step on the clutch. Anyone have this also?

teng...
White lithium grease for the clutch squeek.
Noise from engine? Sounds like a throwout bearing to me.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
O.K. Has anyone here tried using a parifin (wax) based lubricant on the the clutch linkage??? I find it is the $hit for everthing but I havn't tried it on the cluch myself because mine is quiet ... for now. The wax will NOT DRY OUT RUBBER ... OILS AND GREASE WILL.

One product called "Honey Goo" is what all the pipe fitters use on site and I borrowed a can from one of them and trust me, it works. Penetrates better than WD-Garbage and lives a nice thin and protective film of wax to boot.

Second is any arosol "motorcycle chain wax" This stuff is amazing. I've used on all my motorcycles chains and the longer I have a can, the more uses I find for the stuff. The film it leaves is thicker and more durable. Tough stuff but still keeps a lubricating property after it hardens.

There are a few products my tool box always has. Honey Goo, Arosol Chain wax, Motorcycle cable lube (it's just plain awsome for small things that need to move in a realy cold climate), brake kleen, and Mobil 1 Synthetic. There's nothing these little miricals in a bottle can't fix.

Honey Goo
http://www.kleenflo.com/800.html
Amazing stuff. One of the best penetrating lubes I’ve ever used.

Maximausa Chain Wax
http://www.maximausa.com/products/chainlubes/chainwax.asp
They have a clear one but it isn’t as tough as the amber one.

Cable life
http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/engineparts-service-cable-care.htm
Cable life or equivalent … there all good

Personaly, this sounds like a job for Chain Wax.

Giver' a try.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
teng said:
Same thing here.
in addition....there's a wierd sound-low pitch click noise from engine- this noise stops when I step on the clutch. Anyone have this also?

That's half your tranny spinning....the "INPUT" half. :)

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts