Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every now and then there is a squealing under the dash on my side. it hasnt done it long. kinda sounds like a fan or something for the ac/heat. but it will start and stop every now and then i was just wondering if anyone knew what that could be? but it is something that is rotating tho i can tell that much ha.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Does is only squeal when the car is moving? Could be dry where the speedo cable connects to the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i only heard it when i was drivin it.... how do i find that out? take the cluster out?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yup...I'd bet the rather cold weather in your area recently is allowing the speedo cable to show its age. Speedo cables are discontinued...I'm working on a speedo cable repair program right now for our cars (think like an exchange program...you send in your old one and get another back repaired). Stay tuned to my vendor section in the very NEAR future.

·
Registered
177 Posts
is the noise sound behind the gauge cluster cus mine made a weired grinding fan noise it was a loose speedo cable i could feel viberations on the gauges and it was also when i was in motion

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ra24man, sounds sweet! i will keep that in mind if mine ever breaks... one day i was goin down the road and i looked down and my gauge was on 0 and i was runnin bout 70. but i stopped did a burn out ha ha.. didnt do nothin, but on down the road it finally started workin again... and SAVIC yea my needle always goes back and forth when im goin, kinda like its bouncin, but i figure thats just the manual tranny and cable run ha.. but i noticed lattley its doin it in shorter and alittle bit more violent movements, yall think it might just be loose?? and yea the sound is somewhere in that area but i figure it was way under that dash ha but it might not be. but it isnt all that loud, its just when i dont have the music turned up or dont have my car tacked out ha.. i can hear it.

·
3,283 Posts
ra24man, sounds sweet! i will keep that in mind if mine ever breaks...
you should put his number on speed dial, you're about to need it. You could finish breaking it and possibly cost yourself more cash to fix it or you could easily take care of it now! :eekfacepalm:

actually... just turn your radio up and run your MKII into the ground (and save up for a Civic), I mean, the MKII isn't old and need preventative maintenance or anything like that. :32:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts