Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently became very anoid from this constant squeeking/skeeching noise coming from speedometer. it all start about 6months ago a cold morning start up, and is now all the time all day long. the speedometer squeeks realy lound and flucuates up and down 15 mph so i dont know how fast im realy going.
have any of you had this problem?
do any of you know wut causes it or how to fix it?
all input is appreciated
thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem, but its only present below freezing temperatures. After the engine has warmed up the noise dissapers.

·
Registered
796 Posts
no, not cable. It is the nylon gears inside of the speedo itself. To properly repair this, you need to disassemle the cluster, then take some silicone grease and apply it directly to the gears.
I had this noise in 3 different Toyotas, finally got so irritated at the noise last fall, I ripped out the speedo from my truck and greased each gear 1 at a time, hooked it up to my drilll, and found the trip odo gear to be the cause!
enjoy, its not a fun job, especially gettin' the cluster back in & lined up w/the cable!!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
What's with the thread title? Has Zank offended the mighty SupraRacer again?

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Emohawk said:
What's with the thread title? Has Zank offended the mighty SupraRacer again?
:bitchsla: its SuperRicer007 :roll:

and if it wasnt him mk2drifter get your nose out of my ass thats probably why its squeeking :brownnos:
**note to self - put on flame suite before getting :burn: **

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZANK WROTE: and if it wasnt him mk2drifter get your nose out of my ass thats probably why its squeeking

zank, get a fukn life
mk2drift-

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
mk2drift said:
ZANK WROTE: and if it wasnt him mk2drifter get your nose out of my ass thats probably why its squeeking

zank, get a fukn life
mk2drift-
:slapcry: yo probably didnt see when they changed your title :roll: :givesafo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts