Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During all the other restore stuff I figured I might as well go for a braided clutch line also. The only place I've found that has them available is Toysport, it's a SMC line. Has anyone purchased one of these lines from Toysport and how's the quality?

Ordered a set of braided brake lines from Technafit today and inquired about a clutch line. They don't have them available but can make just about anything. In order to make a custom line they need either a sample or a drawing and some info: length, type of fittings (straight, banjo, etc.) and model of car. Anyone happen to know this info off hand.....um, other than the model of car. :wink:

We ain't leavin' til we're heavin'.
Scott

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sorry don't know the other info you asked about but I wanted to know how much did your brake lines cost you? Did they come with the colored covers?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Charles,

Techna-Fit Braided Brake lines cost around ~$115 or so. They do come in several different pretty colors. I should have ordered the Red ones, instead, I ordered the clear ones. Ah well.. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah damn, Chris, where'd you get them for $115? They are listed for $115 on the web site, but then again they're also listed as a 4 line kit. Mine were, when ordered Friday, 18 July, were $150. Was I given a sham?

You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.
Scott

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Scott,

Uh oh... What happened here????

I ordered mine in February - March of last year... Called Techna-Fit directly over the phone. Said that the website listed them for $115 & that's the price that I paid for them... And I did get 8 hoses.

Something is screwy here... :?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I tried sometime in the middle of last year. Told them that the website listed them at $115, they said it was an error and did not offer to sell them to me at the listed price or even meet in the middle somewhere. And now a year later the website is still wrong, I am not impressed!! I was pissed and just gave up on getting brake lines at that time. I think they quoted something like $160 or more maybe and Cyberauto sells them cheaper than that.

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
With Technafit just be happy that the lines fit in the 1st place. I paid $105 for my 1st set and had 6 of the lines with incorrect fittings. Never could get them to replace them even when they admitted over the phone it was wrong. Finally got tired of haggling and bought 6 more for like $80, these were done as custom lines with drawings (to confuse them less). Even these weren't perfect. I've got to order even more lines for the back BBK. I'm guessing it'll take them at least a couple of times to get it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts