Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With me it's like what story do I tell.. there are so many.. but he's one I think you'll enjoy..

I love to chase stangs, I don't know why, maybe it's thier arrogance. (Wish I could spell). But anyone, I rarely catch one at a light, usually it's highway fun. I buzz them, they buzz me.. then I chase them down and walk them. That's normally what happens. Untill I met the guy with the sign on the back that said Wicked 1.. I just had to buzz him... I down shifted to 3rd and floored it. I wanted to buzz him bad... real bad.. Just about the time I reached even with his back bumper he stomped it... WoW.. can I have a v8 too? he flat out left me.... I hope no one saw it.... only car so far to leave me that bad.. I've even missed 2nd and still taken out my prey... What the hell did he have in that thing anyway.... I'de need an intercepter to catch him....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
magnus... that wicked 1 mustangs you saw is a bad ass car... my friend who drives a Dodge Omni GLH who runs 12's has run him on the street... damn the mustang is fast as my buddy told me but still he cannot beat my friends GLH on the 40 roll

Jay

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
mustangs are easy to make fast in a straight line...
toss $3000-4000 into the engine bay and see 300+ horses.

do some weight removal and you can hit 13s, maybe high 12s.

theres a junk yard special around here that runs 13s, and i think he spent about 2000 including the cost of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you don't have to spend even that much on a Mustang to go 13's. Just some Drag Radials, gears and a pro-shifted t-5 and K&N,you have 13.90 or 80's.

This sort of thing has its own class in NMRA its called Factory Stock and they are going 11.70's there with bolt-ons.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ah, yes, this is true, but low 13s and high 12s are much different than 13.90s

i was speaking with a stang owner the other night, he spent $4275.66 canadian on his rebuild, it dynos at 321 rwhp, with a nice smooth curve, and good strong torque numbers...

damn conversations like that make me want a v8... and working on the 5M makes me want a carburated v8!
nice and simple... thats the way to do it, see

·
Registered
9 Posts
The parts I listed to go 13.80's or 90's sell for about $580. Now if you want to spend another$3500 on a mustang just go buy a blower for it and go 11's I installed a powerdyne blower on a mustang last night and we are going to take it to the track on Friday or early next week so I will let you know what it runs. What did that guy have done to the motor, just a rebuild with some heads and a cam or what? Is it a manual?

Joe
D/R #10604
9.501 at 147MPH
ON RADIALS

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Dont believe this clown, he actually has a 14 sec wannabe race car ;)

j/k this is actually my coworker, and he runs some badass Mustangs (both in the 9s). He may also be sharing some of his fabricating skills on the mk2 project.....

jshober said:
Joe
D/R #10604
9.501 at 147MPH
ON RADIALS

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
the guy i was talking to said he did a full rebuild, forged pistons, new rods, knife edged crank, some head work (didnt say exactly what), new cam, gt40 intake IIRC

that was about it.... i think he spent most of his budget on machining, lol, but its a good basis for future mods, like forced induction and so on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts