Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Once the engine is warm, does it restart easily??

Cold start injector and Thermal Timing switch are different...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it starts easy when warm. Yesterday, I was driving it and then it shut off during driving, I pulled over and i tried to start it again, it wouldn't start, I crank it for a while and still didn't start. However, when I let it sit for about an hour, and then I tried to start it, then it started right up with no problem. No sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
sounds like igniter ou dizzy to me.
stop working when hot,, but ok when cooled down.

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
I'd check your fuel pressure when it doesn't start. Sounds like your fuel pump is on the way out. They act kind of intermittent before they die.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Problem with a intermittent ignitor is that when you test it after it's cooled down it may work fine but then when it heats up under the hood it fails, only to test out ok when tested because it's cooled enough to start working again...

will

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was just running a moment ago, now it won't start. I tested the ignitor when its hot, and there was spark at first crank, now no spark at all. So I suspect it's the ignitor. I swapped the ignitor with an 1980 supra, and it's the same problem with no spark on the ignitor when it's hot. Can both units be faulty, my 82 ignitor and 80 ignitor?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
it is one of the most common fail points... I wouldn't rule it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts