Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally after months of endless screwing around, i started the car
blew a p/steer hose, handbrake cable wasnt connected, rolled back into wall and ripped drivers side door off. :(
other than that sounds nice
twin rb 20 bb turbos 3 1/2 inch stainless xhaust with twin 3" hi-flow cats
sheepshin seat covers, standard steering wheel, blue car, with an ugly maroon drivers side door
if anyone has any enquiries with regards to this conversion id be happy to help out. ill post a dyno figure here within the week. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: :lol: :lol:
heehe, no its a picture of a piazza interior, the guy that was sposed to be hosting my pic has sent me the wrong link, (see norbie, you should have hosted it for me and i would have had no worries), :lol: anyway, ill work on getting it hosted elsewhere, and Norbie, you can see it in the flesh at dyno day next sunday, if uv got a digi camera maybe u can take a pic and throw it on your site?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i now have stainless intake pipes to a pod style filter and some other stuff, im getting some better turbos this week, im getting my tripple core radiator redone, boost controllers ect, ill post the dyno result on monday too, i have all the photos for the conversion, im currently organizing some hosting with norbie and ill put them up, there are about 40 photos with everything from clutch /bellhousing/gearbox setup, to engine mounts , intercooler,piping and other stuff, hope its useful. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
PLEEEEEESE, JAZE & Norbie,

Photos would be great! My JZX-91 half-cut just arrived (even had original owner's manual and service records in the glovebox - all in Japanese, of course). I'll be using the JZ autobox (just need the yoke - which the buggers didn't supply with the half-cut :mad:

cheers,

Justin

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hey you guys down under seem to know what you are doing when it comes to doing the 1jzgte so where the heck can I get a chaser front cut from with all bits needed for the conversion? I can't seem to find any over here in the UK. Also how much can I expect to pay for front cut? Anyone got any links to web sites that sell them?

ALL HELP WELCOME!

Regards
Pat

UK owner

·
Registered
229 Posts
See my other post for the Toy Shop. They are hapopy to do business by E-mail and regularly ship overseas. There are other places on the East Coast of Oz. selling Chaser cuts - and mostly cheaper. If no-one lese makes any recommendations, I can give you a few phone numbers out of the local car mags.

Good luck and more 1JZ power to ya!

- Justin
JZA-61 inproduction

"This car kills facsists"
- Woody

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just checked out the web addresses you gave me and they have a chaser listed but it is an auto. I am quite keen to stay manual. The cost was $3295 which I am not to sure what that is in the UK , I think the Australian dollar is about 2.30 to the pound but I would have to check that. Which makes it not a bad buy. Unfortunatley there are several thousand miles between me and that engine and I fear it would cost sheds loads of cash to get in over here.
Regards
Pat

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Jaze,

What fuel injectors are you using? I was dreaming (on the bus this morning) of The Great Lotto JZA-61 Mega Upgrade, and got to thinking fuel injection. I know Sard make some expensive 550 and 800cc units - but also recall (wrongly) that some of the JZA80 injectors are compatible. Or maybe just building a new fuel rail and going Bosche would be cheaper. Anyway, as you've probably already broken the 400hp fuel barrier - I'm guessing you found a solution. Also, what sort of engine control are you using with those RB20 turbos in place?

Cheers,

Justin

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sard 550's can be had fairly cheaply second-hand; I've seen them for AU$500-600 for a set. US-spec 2JZ 550's can also be found for a similar price. eBay is your friend! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts