81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
punt.

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Tanya,we miss you . I'll sign in for them: Mike,Rich,Shawn,Aaron,Matt.Those are the REAL names that they were born with. Sign in names? Avatars?Nick names?
Geez,Hi,my name is Dave Cowger.I live in Seattle,WA.I own an '84 "L" type Supra (for the last 6 years).CS.com has been my BAIL OUT place for 6 years.Helpful,nasty,brutally cruel,fun,friendly,nice. My ass has been kicked here more than once.If you don't play nice,it will happen.
Bypass the fuel pump relay and check voltage to pump wires.Measure fuel pump line pressure--NOT with your fingers.B-4 the fuel filter. Yes,diagnostics is the MOST difficult part of automotive repair."What's wrong?" It usually takes a few opinions to point you in the right direction,people.
Sorry again,but people can train Chimpanzees to screw and unscrew a nut and a bolt. I have "technicians" at work that cannot do much more.
They cannot diagnose a problem with a bent soda straw. "It's broken!". Is it plugged in? Does it have power to work?Is there a brain of a human,here?
"It won't start,it's a bad fuel pump" It won't crank,it's a bad starter,The headlights won't turn on,the headlights are burned out. Gimme some:32: more....

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
LOL

I remember when I used to be the "throw money at it" type, assuming every issue was the worst, and diagnosing things backwards. Sure don't miss those days.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Sorry again,but people can train Chimpanzees to screw and unscrew a nut and a bolt. I have "technicians" at work that cannot do much more.....
You need to keep a bigger supply of bananas.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
How about a running issue where it sputters like it's out of gas when going hard around left hand turns? Not right hand, and it doesn't die completely. Not my car, asking for a friend.

Edit, having him check main relay #1, battery connection, and the coil.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Sounds like it would be something internal in the gas tank. Internal fuel pump? Possibly the sock on the pump is clogged on one side only.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Other possibilities that come to mind include excessive movement of the engine causing a vacuum or air intake leak. Also make sure the battery is tied down good and not pulling the ground cable on left turns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I have A 1980 celica supra with a 5M-E engine in it and im looking for a new ECU/ECM preferably an aftermarket tuneable ECU/ECM Dose anyone have any idea what company has one or if Megasquirt computer would work

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hey I have A 1980 celica supra with a 5M-E engine in it and im looking for a new ECU/ECM preferably an aftermarket tuneable ECU/ECM Dose anyone have any idea what company has one or if Megasquirt computer would work

Perhaps it would help if you posted in the right area/thread, like WANTED TO BUY section.

·
Registered
331 Posts
my car is starting but when it idles and drives its putting and loosing power and sometimes cutting out, im not sure what it is, the spark plugs are all pushed in at both ends but i dont know what else to look at. any ideas?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts