Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im sure this has been answered many times on the forums but im not really sure where to start. My car runs excellent, i just replaced the cat, fuel pump, and radiator fan recently and its running amazing.

THe only problem is that I need to try and start it like two to three times everytime before it ignites and starts up (that sounds confusing lol iono why). Once the car is running i just got to let it warm up for a couple minutes and im golden. Could this be the starter? I dont think its the battery or the alternator because its maintaing a charge and everything. I have already checked the cables on the battery and they are r solid.

Could someone throw me some advice, thanks.

-Vegas Supra Fanatics-
-Justin-

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Yep, I would check the CSI (Cold Start Injector) system first and see if everything is happy there. You have the injector itself below the TB (Throttle Body) and the coolant timing switch which is the brown one next to the green one above the water neck (thermostat housing).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ill check that. If its not those problems, could it be the starter, or is the starter not the problem? :)

thanks for all ur assistance so far! that was quick.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just need to turn the key and attempt to start the car like 3 times before the engine turns over and then its fine

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
well i just need to turn the key and attempt to start the car like 3 times before the engine turns over and then its fine
So you're saying that nothing happens when you turn the key the first couple of times? The engine doesn't turn over it just sits there dead not turning?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
So you're saying that nothing happens when you turn the key the first couple of times? The engine doesn't turn over it just sits there dead not turning?
i think he means that it cranks a 2-3 times before turning over.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts