Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the First of the Numberous Upgrades that I will be doing over the Winter/Spring time. Some is already installed like Greddy 720cc Injectors. Hopefully if things work like I have them Planned I will be finished within the Next month or so.

Hope it all worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Damn Sexy.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Nice, you finally found an AEM setup. When you get to working on it, let me know ahead of time and I will head down there to give you a hand, plus my daughter is already asking when I will be coming down there next.

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
You defintely won't have it fully tuned in a month...

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
Its certainly doable if you work non stop at it. There are like 200 tables to setup and barely any documentation on what they do. It took me forever to figure out some of them to get the driveability up to par. If you can get good tuner John Reed to even give you the time of day you would be well off, but as far as I could tell he was only interested in "high end cars".

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Just ask Rusty. If anyones mkII is "High End", its Roberts....Robert, If John Reed gives you time of day, remember to bring title to house and first born child with you!

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
I don't think you understand the definition of high end. He tunes most of the turbo gallardos for underground racing these days from what I understand.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Robert, let me know if you need any help with the setup of that thing, I have fought with mine enough.

You can jump on AEM.com, they have a section of their forums with user's cal. files. Download one that fits your needs best and go from there. Otherwise using a stock file works too, just takes even more tweaks.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Working my Toyota magic and talking with a buddy of mine that I trust that has a local friend that actually when to the AEM school. I figured my buddy would either know something, or know someone since the upper end Corolla guys like to deal with AEM. Now it just comes down to a matter of cost and time.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
I don't think you understand the definition of high end. He tunes most of the turbo gallardos for underground racing these days from what I understand.
No, I understand completely that no MK2 is a Lambo, and we dont have that level of disposable income. The point I was trying to make was that if anyone has the WANT to pay him that $whatever$ per hour for tuning, it is Robert. Thats all.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I'm sure I can get Robert hooked up with John...if not I know a couple of other good AEM tuners around town that could get his setup dialed in.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Is John Reed the douche bag that hosed Rusty? if not my appolagies. Cant wait to see how you build goes Robert. When you going A1000 external pump?

Im not jealous moonpie...I just picked up AEM myself, Robert and I always talk behind the scenes ;)

Im in need of 750cc injectors here real soon...Im trying to figure out how many fuel management type systems weve had on our cars sine we started

1. lex afm
2. maf-T
3. vpc/safc
4. MAFT pro
5. AEM
AEM is cheap enough now comparative, they were $2500 back in the day when we first started this fun adventure.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Is John Reed the douche bag that hosed Rusty? if not my appolagies. Cant wait to see how you build goes Robert. When you going A1000 external pump?
John Reed, is not a douchebag. I believe He and Rusty worked out their issues, but he is one of if not the most highly regarded tuner in the mkiv community on the west coast, if not the country. Not even considering the higher end cars he tunes. I've seen absolutely nothing but positive feedback on John in all my time on s/f.
He is hard to get a hold of, and has some wait times, but that's to be expected when you want to use the best in the industry, and afaik, he is still a one man deal.
Fwiw

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
If he and Rusty worked it out then cool. Buuut, I dont care if he is the best in the country, people put these MK4 guys or even "high end car guys" up on pedistals like theyre something great. theyre not. theyre just douche bags with more money than some. Some are cool too, I know plenty people that drive these high end cars and theyre my friends. I can buy a built MK4 too, I just choose not to.
Now, these guys on here are my friends, Robert, Rusty and even you. I will say something to avoid my friend, especially Robert from get hosed. I can tell that youre Johns friend or think you are and youre sticking up for him...thats respectable. That said, My appolagies for calling him a douche bag. end rant and sorry to thread jack.

What turbo you going with Robert? you keeping it a secret?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Im not jealous moonpie...I just picked up AEM myself, Robert and I always talk behind the scenes ;)

Im in need of 750cc injectors here real soon...Im trying to figure out how many fuel management type systems weve had on our cars sine we started

1. lex afm
2. maf-T
3. vpc/safc
4. MAFT pro
5. AEM
AEM is cheap enough now comparative, they were $2500 back in the day when we first started this fun adventure.

Sounds about right. I think we have been through them all at one time or another. As for the A1000, Probably Pick it up within the Next week or so. Its going to be fun Putting all the Stuff back on the car. Just need to finish collecting. I have never met John but from what I gather and this is from the other forums also that his time is very very limited. You must have everything that you plan on adding to the car there and installed once he starts doing things. Im sure he isnt cheap either but to Play hard, you have to Pay hard I guess.

Im doing alot of reading on this AEM setup. Hopefully I can get it all down and learn from the Pros.

What turbo am I going to be running, Inquiring minds want to know huh???:naughty:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I have too many Boxes here to Open but I figured I woul throw this up. Going External Fuel Pump and what better one to get. Aeromotive A1000 with AN-8 Line all the way through.

Upgradedsupra ran the same pump for a long time without any Issues. Working on getting it installed this weekend "IF" I can figure out how to Properly Sump a tank. Fitting in the Bottom and let the Pump pull Fuel from the Bottom of the Tank?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts