Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I recently removed the head from my 83 P type to do a head gasket. But like an idiot, I didn't notice the fuel line that runs from the fuel filter to the injector rail, so me and two of my buddies yanked and yanked on the head till we realized that we still had this line attached, and now all bent out of proportion. I've been trying to bend it back into any kind of shape, just to be able to get it to bolt back into the filter, but so far have only managed to kink it in several different places. I'm not sure if I have the tools necessary to remove it, so I was wondering if it would be possible to just cut it and run a fuel specific rubber hose instead? I don't know what the pressure specs on these cars fuels systems are, so I don't know that it would be necessarily all that safe to do this.

Also, What is the little mushroom lookin thing on the top of the fuel rail (on top of the aforementioned line) and what does it do? I tried to remove it today buy undoing the little phillip's screw, and now I'm afraid it might be the pressure regulator and I've screwed it all up...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
It is the pressure regulator and put the little screw back in and it should work fine, to remove it you use a wrench on the nut portion of it on the lower side of the regulator, i believe i use a 7\8 wrench. I know its metric but the 7\8 is easy to find. as for that fuel line I have one if you want to replace it. I think someone has a conversion setup you'll have to use search as I can't recall who it is.

here ya go
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=32013&highlight=fuel+line

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the pressure regulator and put the little screw back in and it should work fine, to remove it you use a wrench on the nut portion of it on the lower side of the regulator, i believe i use a 7\8 wrench. I know its metric but the 7\8 is easy to find. as for that fuel line I have one if you want to replace it. I think someone has a conversion setup you'll have to use search as I can't recall who it is.

here ya go
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=32013&highlight=fuel+line
Thanks for the link, but that's a bit more auspicious than I'd be able to rig, ;-) How much would you want for the fuel line you have? I haven't messed up and adjustments by removing and reinstalling the philllip's screw?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
It is the pressure regulator and put the little screw back in and it should work fine
Nope, it is the pulsation dampener, the pressure regulator is on the bottom of the fuel rail.

So far I have done a write up on how to easily and cheaply swap to a flexible line: http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=31128&highlight=fuel

And a write up on an easy way to utilize the 22re line and delete the pulsation dampener: http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=47643&highlight=pulsation

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Ok, but even still, have I messed anything up by adjusting the screw?

Nice mod, btw. Looks like something I'd be able to pull off, what did you do for the lower line going TO the fuel filter?
Will not hurt anything with messing with the screw, I have torn them apart and still don't understand what the screw is for, except coming loose and letting fuel come out.

Are you talking about the line from the fuel filter to the tank? If so, find one in a junkyard, or someone parting out their car, it is not too bad to remove.

chris thank you, wasn't thinking on that one.
There are too many damn parts on the engine, I get things wrong too. I seem to use the IPB for the car for names more and more now a days.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. Gonna raid the parts yard tomorrow and see what I can find. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts