Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a interesting question, I recently purchased a 83 MKII as a parts car( mainly the interior ). Something that will happen down the road.
The stock stereo( tape player + EQ) is still in it and works fine, I pulled the stereo and its all plugged up. I have not done much with the Stereo in My car ,just put in a CD player .

I'd like to use the stock toyota EQ with my CD player......does anyone have a wiring diagram for the EQ or has anyone bothered with this?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
The stock Fujitsu EQ is not really all that flexible. Only 7 bands to adjust. Have not seen anyone else hook one of these up to a aftermarket head unit.

Personally for myself, I also went aftermarket on my EQ (both EQ & head unit are Alpine). This EQ has 11 bands (came in handy when it was time to tweak/RTA the system), built in crossover for the subwoofer, adjustable gain for the sub, AND a built in front/rear fader. Many times when you go w/ aftermarket amps (and no longer running deck power), then you lose the fader function on the head unit.

If you are a nut about asthetics, I would say get a matching brand in-dash EQ to go w/ the head unit. And get a EQ that has the most amount of adjustable bands that is available.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I agree with Chris on this...

The other thing is that it would be almost impossible to interface the OEM Fujitsu EQ with an aftermarket stereo. If you look at the way the OEM model is designed, it's made to plug into the factory deck and figuring out the pin-outs would be a real bitch. I wouldn't want to go there.

Your best option is to get an EQ of the same brand as your head unit, like Chris did with his Alpine. Most EQs come with a nice mounting bracket for installation in a DIN sized opening, including a face plate that will fill in around the outside of the unit itself -- with no gaps.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right

Yea you guys are right, after looking ata the EQ set up a little closer....Tracing all the pins would be a bitch.......But hey at leats I got the bracket that holds the stereo firmly in the hole! And it fits most aftermarket decks...including mine..............Anyway if you know anyone who wants to buy a factory deck + EQ both working and in nice shape (VERY CHEAP) let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts