Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yeah. I have a MKI Supra rear end - LSD 3.73.

I dumped the clutch at about 5K RPM and got the one legged, one wheel burn out. LOL! So, the LSD is worn out and needs rebuilding.

This is my DD that I would like to take to the 1/4 mile track every now and then. Primaryly, it is a DD that I will have a little street fun with some times like today.

I have a Torsen 2 that I picked up some time ago. I would love to put a tru-trac in the car, but I'm thinking the T2 would be just fine. I have read a lot of mixed opinions and views on the Torsen 2. I bought it for the Supra Vert, but I do not think I will use it on that car now. The Vert deserves a Tru Trac.

So, the question is rebuild a stock LSD or put the Torsen in?

The Torsen is on the left. :)

Thanks for you help and opinions!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The MkI Supras for the most part did not come with a factory LSD. The diff next to your torsen unit is in fact an open differential. I would not use a torsen or tru trac in a rigid axle rear. Both of those units are designed for independant applications. You should consider either an aftermarket clutch type or the O.E.M. MkII LSD which is also a clutch type.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WeirPerformance, I was told that I had a F-303 when I bought it. I did not open it up.
I am considering a stock LSD or the Torsen.

Dakar, I can drift it as it is now! LOL

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. Not sure how they got like that. They came out of 4x2 truck. I had the gears cleaned up. They're not perfect but they are a lot better. It's hard to find 3.58 gears. :D

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts