Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,114 Posts
There are several ways to do this.. and none will give you a ROI.

1st - cut the centers out and have them welded into a 16" rimshell.(Least expensive methods. Might have to sacrifice more than 5 wheels) My shop quoted me $275 a wheel with wheels to sacrifice.

2nd - get someone to 3D the original wheel and modify the image to be 16 or 17. Can get them to machine a billet aluminum puck to either make a 2-piece or 3-piece

3rd - make a mold of the wheel and extend it to 16 or 17 and then make casts. (The most expensive method $10,000 per mold minus materials and time.)

And if you intend to sell it, you will have to stress test it to failure. Meaning destroying one for the purpose of safety. If your wheel fails... ideally you would re-engineer it to pass. Meaning more wheels to destroy. Otherwise the wheels will have to be sold for off-road use only - meaning it might fail under the stresses of everyday driving.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
You need to learn how to search. Making bigger oem style rims has been discussed. There are also cheap rims out there that fit Supras.
So he searched... and brought a dead thread back to life expecting a different answer.

:faint:

Look Supra Ev: Sorry the answer was not what you're looking for in the other thread. But trying to revive this thread to get a different answer? :dead hors

Didn't you complain in the other thread about buying a set of wheels that cost more than the car?

Damn, I didn't know that these were that expensive.. I'd have to check into some things, but if you ever look through the PAS magazines and stuff like that there are always rims similar for this for like 100-200 a piece, yeah probably not the greatest thing ever, but why spend either A) more than your car is worth or close to it or B) spend that much money on rims, when something else will break most likely soon enough that will need replacing.. so hmm nice rims cheap cost or maybe some decked out rims big cost, screwed. I really like these rims but I really don't want to pay more than I bought my car for. Good luck for everyone who wants to drop $2gs plus.
Seriously: Do you have $3000 to spend on wheels? Do you have at least 20 friends that can prepay $3000 (plus or minus a $1000 each for a set of wheels? If so, we can proceed with the 3-piece 17" OEM look alikes. And keep in mind the $3000 is not a guaranteed price.

If you feel otherwise, why don't you go ahead and do the research, including sizes, quantities, pricing, materials, colors, and lead time (including design, testing and assembly). And when you get all of that together, get back to us with that information. Set up a group buy with P-Type OEM-styled 16" wheels for <$1000 then you can be our hero. Deal?

Supra Ev said:
local bakery..not anymore told my manager to eff off cause he said the supra was a geezer car.
BTW: Where are you co-oping again?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.