Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the stock shifter for my 86 Supra, manual Trans. 5mge mk2. Guys carry anything like that?

·
Registered
419 Posts
i got one pm me

·
Registered
419 Posts
i'll actually be in chicago this wknd i dont know if you wanna make a drive.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mark i wasn't trying to cut anyone's throat man..... people do this all the time. i was just trying to help a fellow member out. i thought he was asking for a shifter and i have one ready... i support the vendors here and i have purchased from each one and have several transactions with you also. sorry if i did something wrong.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mark I want to apologize it been a long day and I just noticed this wasn't posted in the wanted section..... I had no right to offer up a part that wasn't in the aforemetioned section please accept my apology as I'm on this forum daily and I want no hard feelings or a bad name on this thread.

Zuprax85
last Sunday I commented on parts that you had for sale and I apologize for it I had no right or buisness doing that and would probably felt how you did if it were done to me.I hope you can accept my apology.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
I almost posted to his question thinking he was looking for a shifter from anyone too...just the way he posted it I guess???

I am looking for the stock shifter for my 86 Supra, manual Trans. 5mge mk2. Guys carry anything like that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, sorry if I almost started a war here! I am just looking for a shifter, the whole thing. But before I go any further with this, maybe someone could post a pic. of what a stock shifter looks like for a 1986 supra mkII with the 5mge engine? I was assuming that mine is aftermarket because it is so long and the shifter knob looks like an aftermarket as well,(it doesn't have the supra logo on it). Sorry if I am just wasting everyones time and I already have the stock shifter! I would prefer a much shorter shifter, but I am not going to spend a ton of money for one either. Thanks in advance guys, and again, sorry if I caused any confusion.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Crash, no worries buddy!!

You were clearly stating for a shifter and I was thinking shift knob...

It is difficult via a forums, email, txt to sometimes understand what the writer is saying, especially say I'm already thinking (trying to be helpful) that TRD makes a great replacement shifter aka shift knob in black leather and I didnt pay attention to the thread catagory ie Vendor Section... and I "sent" the reply before realizing who what the thread was for.

This forums is for learning doesnt matter if your new to the forums or have been on here for years...your not wasting anyones time...

Back to your question, maybe a pic would be helpful to determine if the shifter is OEM, likely it is...there are not too many aftermarket shifters and most are short shifters...

Wow, sorry if I almost started a war here! I am just looking for a shifter, the whole thing. But before I go any further with this, maybe someone could post a pic. of what a stock shifter looks like for a 1986 supra mkII with the 5mge engine? I was assuming that mine is aftermarket because it is so long and the shifter knob looks like an aftermarket as well,(it doesn't have the supra logo on it). Sorry if I am just wasting everyones time and I already have the stock shifter! I would prefer a much shorter shifter, but I am not going to spend a ton of money for one either. Thanks in advance guys, and again, sorry if I caused any confusion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts