Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
82 - 86P type is 14x7 +8 offset.
82 - 84 L-Type is 14x5.5 +27mm offset.
85 L-Type is 15x6 +20mm offset.

Biggest in front without work is 8 inch, but pay attention to offset and fender fitment.
Search around and you will find some proven setups. Once you start getting tall and wide, you have less room to work with and need to make sure everything fits right.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
L type is 14x6 +20 offset.
DOH!!! Let's try this again Chris!!!!

82 - 84 L-Type is 14x5.5 +27mm offset.

85 L-Type is 15x6 +20mm offset.

You came close. No muss, no fuss.

(Edit): Other wheels that are still Toyota related.

79 - 81 MKI Aluminum wheels: 14 x 5.5" +27mm offset.

82 - ???? "Van" wheels that look like our P-Type wheels: 14 x 6" +21mm offset (see postings from TerraSupra if you are wondering what they look like).

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I'm going to sticky this one since it comes up wayyyyyyy too often and this one is nice and concise.

The thread Billy posted is great for find correct size wheel and tires for aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Made a addition to my posting, since Aaron has made this a Sticky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What would be the lug pattern for a 79 Supra? Browsing Craigslist and need to know what to look for. Or does "14 x 5.5" relate to the lug pattern as well.
Sorry if that is a noob question.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What would be the lug pattern for a 79 Supra? Browsing Craigslist and need to know what to look for. Or does "14 x 5.5" relate to the lug pattern as well.
Sorry if that is a noob question.
Lug pattern would be 4x114.3 or 4x4.5 14x5.5 means the wheel is 14" in diameter and 5.5" in width

·
Registered
344 Posts
Something I've wondered, but never asked about. If the P wheels are 14x7, then why does it say 7-JJx14-8 on my wheels?

Is 7 the width and 8 the offset???

Correct sir, people often mistake the 7 as the offset and 8 as the width. Or that the wheel has a negative(-)8 offset.

·
Registered
155 Posts
great job Group A supra , bookmarking that calculator!
as soon as the width changes so does the offset in order to keep it under the guards!:thumbsup::woohoo:

·
Registered
470 Posts
also, i have 9's in the front on my car and its on the ground. im sure a wider width up front can be fit no problem. i didn't have to do any sort of hammering. 15x9-13 fits all around with no mods to the car on a P Type. i run 195/50/15 tires as well for reference.

figured it should be updated

·
Banned
4 Posts
Nice suggestion wrote about the rims sizes.I like it so much.Actually i am interested in automotive field but i am new it so its very interesting to know about the new things for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts