Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Also don't forget to order the little pivot point the fork sits on.

-Leon
waaaa!!!! i just ordered the fork and the release bearing from my local dealer, i will have them tomorrow, didnt think about the pivot :32::32::eekfacepalm:, looks like i wont be able to install the engine this weekend. :sadbanana:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
:laugh:so how much does a jz swap cost?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
^^ lol depends on what you are doing...I have an easy $20,000 into the engine and related components.. But I got my engine in not so great condition and the sky is the limit. I would be interested to see what the people who did complete stock swaps spent.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
mmm im not done yet, and still putting money every week, anyway i have a couple pics of the clutch fork support..

w58 JZ Bellhousing

5M Bellhousing

the difference is obvious, still if you buy a used or new bellhousing it should come with the right support, so i didnt have to ordered it.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
NIce! good to hear you got a used one! now get that thing in there!!

the new ones don't come with the pivot.. I found that out the hard way..

But yeah the JZ one is huge in comparison to the M series.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
NIce! good to hear you got a used one! now get that thing in there!!

the new ones don't come with the pivot.. I found that out the hard way..

But yeah the JZ one is huge in comparison to the M series.
you scared the shit out of me yesterday, went this morning and actually ordered one, went to the shop and found out that i already have one :laugh:, i called back and cancelled, still waiting for the fork clutch and the release bearing, hopefully i will install the engine next weekend. :naughty:

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey guys is anyone out there.done a 2jzge swap still use auto tranny mk2 p-type need help? 2jzge tranny auto,can i used the york out of mk2 in to the 2j tranny

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
the 2j trans is an a340 series trans. the mk had a a43 series. so the yokes are diff. an mk3 auto yoke should work though

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm shopping around for intercoolers.... id measure it myself but my project is 8 hours away. your 24x12x3.... is that overall width or just core? cause Im seeing alot of universal fits that are either 31 or 27ish wide overall.... thinking they might work seeing as how your pic shows some gap on each side.

maybe?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
24x12x3 is probably the core. The longer measurements are probably from endtank to endtank. My intercooler core measures 24x12x4 and the overall from endtank to endtank is 31".

·
Registered
50 Posts
did you have any fitment issues? my friend says he notched his frame to fit his 24x12x3....

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I can say i got a 24x12x4 cored intercooler (~36" long with end tanks) in with no problems. well I guess it depends on what you mean by fitment issues. You'll have to lose the tow hooks and mod the latch support for any inter-cooler really.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I can say i got a 24x12x4 cored intercooler (~36" long with end tanks) in with no problems. well I guess it depends on what you mean by fitment issues. You'll have to lose the tow hooks and mod the latch support for any inter-cooler really.
+1

I think I cut out a good amount of the tow hooks and made a new bracket for the hood latch in order to get mine to fit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i already removed my latch assembly entirely.... going hood pins (becauseracecar). i can live without the tow hooks, no biggy.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you're in the market for an IC, I'm selling mine and getting a thicker core. PM me if you're interested. I'll even sell you the mounts I made with it so it will bolt right up as long as you cut out a section of the tow hooks.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
guys im trying to install an aftermarket electric oil pressure gauge, but the sending unit i got wont fit behind the a/c bracket (where the oem sensor is) there is any other location i can install it? thanks.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts